No Juice to the Porch Light

PJorgen

2014 Hawk. Last trip the porch light didn't work, assumed it was a bad bulb. Bulb is OK but voltmeter says no voltage to the fixture. Checked the fuse and it's good, same circuit as the floor lighting and that works.

Camper is out of warranty or I'd run up to Woodland and let them deal with it. Any idea where to look next? I hate electrical gremlins!

My camper has both a switch on the interior and the exterior fixture. I'm not sure if the later models do as well. I assume you have checked both of those locations?

If fuse is good but still no power, could be a broken wire or failed crimp and the wire is hanging loose. Those cheap rocker switches can fail, so you might want to see if there is power at the switch on the supply side. I would remove the fuse to depower the circuit till the problem is corrected, loose wire shorting to the frame would be an issue..

Thanks all. Turned out to be the switch as suggested. I thought I checked the hot side of the switch but wasn't wearing my glasses (isn't getting old fun?) so I checked the wrong side.

Anyway - gave me an excuse to order a new LED model, $12 on Amazon!

Thanks all. Turned out to be the switch as suggested. I thought I checked the hot side of the switch but wasn't wearing my glasses (isn't getting old fun?) so I checked the wrong side.

Anyway - gave me an excuse to order a new LED model, $12 on Amazon!
Do you have a link to what you went with?

There have been a number of failures of the porch light switch.
I bought a bag of ten and have mailed out a few to other WTW members.

I had a porch light failure the last time I went to the Black Rock Playa for a weekend of meteor watching. As it turned out, my porch light picked up so much playa dust that it wasn't making a connection. I removed the bulb and blew it out and viola, problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom