Northstar TC 700- My New Rig!

dashboardburrito

Advanced Member
Hey All,

After intensively searching the inter-zone for the past few weeks, I found a pretty nice 2005 Northstar TC 700.

I bought it off an old fisherman who occasionally used it and kept it in a car port when not in use. The camper is pretty dirty, but there is no water damage or other structural issues with the camper. The camper is pretty simple with a two burner stove, small propane fridge, good heater. It has a grey water tank too...

Couple questions for Northstar gurus:
*Why is there a front zipper to completely open up the front of the pop-up material?
*Is there a way I can remove the grey water tank and just run a hose off my drain. The tank is mounted externally along the side of the camper.

Anything else I should know about these units? It seems pretty solid- all wood and aluminum construction. I fits pretty well in my 2000 Tundra. I put some 2X4s on the bottom of the truck bed to give enough spacing. I'll eventually just build a riser platform and attach it to the bottom of the camper.

Other little things: do some calking, replace the fantastic fan outside cover with a new one, replace door catch, install all LEDs, put in a new battery, string the 7-way plug in back to the rear of the truck where I can actually plug it in...

Pretty stoked!

Attachments

• P5050158.JPG
    P5050158.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 376
  • P5050157.JPG
    P5050157.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 391
Congrats! A little bit of elbow grease and you’re on your way

Regarding the 7pin, if you want to pull a trailer with the camper on, you might consider installing a female 7pin on the side of the bed.

dashboardburrito said:
Hey All,

After intensively searching the inter-zone for the past few weeks, I found a pretty nice 2005 Northstar TC 700.

I bought it off an old fisherman who occasionally used it and kept it in a car port when not in use. The camper is pretty dirty, but there is no water damage or other structural issues with the camper. The camper is pretty simple with a two burner stove, small propane fridge, good heater. It has a grey water tank too...

Couple questions for Northstar gurus:
*Why is there a front zipper to completely open up the front of the pop-up material?
*Is there a way I can remove the grey water tank and just run a hose off my drain. The tank is mounted externally along the side of the camper.

Anything else I should know about these units? It seems pretty solid- all wood and aluminum construction. I fits pretty well in my 2000 Tundra. I put some 2X4s on the bottom of the truck bed to give enough spacing. I'll eventually just build a riser platform and attach it to the bottom of the camper.

Other little things: do some calking, replace the fantastic fan outside cover with a new one, replace door catch, install all LEDs, put in a new battery, string the 7-way plug in back to the rear of the truck where I can actually plug it in...

Pretty stoked!
I saw your post on TGR as well. I don't know much about Northstar but it looks like a pretty good set up.

Be careful when using cinder blocks to support the weight of the camper. They are easily crushed and could fail if too much weight is applied to one corner when raising your camper.

Nice looking rig.

Egress...you can exit the camper if you're not able to get to the back door (fire, flood, zombies...etc,)

We had a Northstar mc600 for a awhile and loved it, able to go everywhere we did with
fwc .
One thing we did was to tap into thermostat and add switch in storage bin on front side of bed,
as we sleep without heater on it was nice to turn heater on in morning without leaving bed!

I assume you know the trick of turning on the roof fan with all windows and door closed
to suck side fabric in when you close top?

Enjoy,Les,lqhikers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom