Now the fun begins my new 78" Ocelot shell

carld

Made a 4 day trip to Sacramento CA. to pick up my new 78" Ocelot shell. Plan is to build it out with side dinnett that folds out into a 3rd or stealth sleeper. From Decatur TX. stayed two nights at my brothers house in Santa Fe NM., one nitght at the Mojave Reserve, one night at Ecoho Lodge in Sacramento, first night out in the camper outside Quartzite AZ. for the milky way.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPEG
    IMG_0022.JPEG
    71.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0027.JPEG
    IMG_0027.JPEG
    53.9 KB · Views: 493
  • Sprial5-1.jpg
    Sprial5-1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 429
Will look forward to the build. We built out our Ocelot in 2013 and very much enjoy it.

Here is my progress on building my Ocelot shell. First are the two side dinette seats. The seats are 20x20" and tilted 5 deg and the backs are 10 deg. I reinstalled the original battery, isolator, and solar controller under the back seat. Ive got the TF49ACDC truck fridge in and wired with a120 shore power plug under driver side front corner. The table mounts to a shelf and can be removed allowing the dinette seats to fold into a couch for sleeping.

Attachments

• DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC00505.jpg
    DSC00505.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC00509.jpg
    DSC00509.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC00507.jpg
    DSC00507.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 409
Pictures of the dinette side and the galley side of my Ocelot.

The side dinette has two fold down benches that fold down with the table for sleeping for one. On either side are two large cabinets for I use for clothes and outerwear. The cabinets are topped with shelves and a small cabinet between for medicine, radio, and small electronics. I also installed my series 1 Sirius radio and mounted the antenna on the roof.

The table is mounted to the wall shelf with a two piece extruded aluminum 30" hinge https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Table-Wall-Mount-p/vts-516.htm that allows the table to be removed and is supported by a 1x2 angled leg that is bungee cord spring supported to keep it in place.

The galley has a TF49ACDC truck fridge, Dickerson Marine two burner cook top, 10 liter gravity feed water can into small sink, an under sink cabinet, 5 drawers ranging from 20x17x8 to 8x17x4, and a bottom sliding door cabinet. All the drawers have self closing drawer slides. The sink drains into a gray water tank mounted under the truck bed.

Attachments

• ATC Ocelot Camper (2 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (2 of 10).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 397
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (3 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (3 of 10).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 473
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (5 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (5 of 10).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 490
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (6 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (6 of 10).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 474
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (7 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (7 of 10).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 481
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (8 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (8 of 10).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 413
Some more pictures with the top down, room for two to eat and one to sleep.

Attachments

• ATC Ocelot Camper (9 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (9 of 10).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 394
  • ATC Ocelot Camper (10 of 10).jpg
    ATC Ocelot Camper (10 of 10).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 362
Carl,

Very nicely done inside build, and you did it so fast! I like how the symmetry came together, and you created a lot of extra storage, plus the additional bed. Nice!

I still have to make my drawers for my galley, could you let me know what you purchased for self closing drawer slides, and where you got them. Do they keep the drawers closed tight enough for dirt road jostling?

Thanks,

Poky

Awesome build - love how you framed the passenger window with the cabinets. Looks like you didn't go with the slide out bed. Does the sink drain into a container or out the side of the camper? Enjoy the camper!!

The drawer slides are Richelieu 2-Pack 16-in Self-Closing Drawer Slide from Lowe's. They are great, spring loaded and provide a good amount of resistance to open so they won't open on the road even the roughest roads. At about two inches from closing the spring engages and automatically pulls them closed.

The drain https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Flexible-Camper-Drain-p/vts-2055.htm goes goes out under the truck rail over hang then throught the truck bed via a removeable plug to a 2 gal water container I found in the recycle trash at Big Bend NP. The 2 gal container fits perfectly in front of the rear fender just below the truck bed plug and is held in place with a 6 inch bungee cord.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom