Ocelot build starting !

penner

Just got word from Jeff that they are going to start our Ocelot build next week! We ended up going with the 72" model, 2 roof vents with one powered, awning , awning lite,cold weather pack,110 volt system,full length tracks,furnace,12volt outlet w/USB, and the aux.battery system. We also had them install an AT can holder,drawer above the furnace/propane cabinet,small window on driver side and a sink drain beside the furnace cabinet. We would like to thank all the WTW members who answered questions either through the forum or PM's. Also THANKS to Jeff at ATC for answering all my questions during multiple phone calls. THANKS again. Glen.

Glen, sounds nice! Congrats, you’re going to love it!

I’d recommend adding the water fill door as well. You might never use it, but if you add a water tank, it will make things easier. Solar?

Congrats and enjoy it when you get it. They always take time to answer questions . I have emailed them a few times . They always are willing to help and go way above for you. If I was to order a new camper
It would be with them . Especially when they want to make what you want and need . Great owners that take the time which is lost in most companies

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Glen, sounds nice! Congrats, you’re going to love it!

I’d recommend adding the water fill door as well. You might never use it, but if you add a water tank, it will make things easier. Solar?
Never thought of a water fill door. Thanks! Where would you suggest putting it? As far as solar goes, I have been talking to a local Guy that will hook me up with what I need when I get home. ATC is going to rough it in with #10 wire .

penner said:
Never thought of a water fill door. Thanks! Where would you suggest putting it? As far as solar goes, I have been talking to a local Guy that will hook me up with what I need when I get home. ATC is going to rough it in with #10 wire .
Typically, tanks are across the front, so I’d recommend the door go far forward on the drivers side. That would minimize hose routing. Talk to Marty about it.

Try to get them to use a heavier gauge wire. Ten gauge is ok, but bigger would be better. Not a huge issue unless you have a lot of wattage on top.

That's great Glen.I thought of you when Ski posted his ATC visit photos.
There was a Ocelot there and I thought it might be yours.
The time will go quickly. Water door would be good thing to have now even if you don't use it.
Frank

Well, I messaged Jeff to ask him to install a water fill door. Within an hr or so he replied . No problem at all. Like I mentioned we are also having the full length tracks installed. Since the only thing we will be installing on the roof ,later ,is a solar panel, do we need the full length or tracks at all? Not sure, but would the panel,probably 120watt, go between the 2 roof vents? Thanks.

penner said:
Well, I messaged Jeff to ask him to install a water fill door. Within an hr or so he replied . No problem at all. Like I mentioned we are also having the full length tracks installed. Since the only thing we will be installing on the roof ,later ,is a solar panel, do we need the full length or tracks at all? Not sure, but would the panel,probably 120watt, go between the 2 roof vents? Thanks.
If you ever want to carry a canoe or Kayak, full length would be my recommendation. Yes the panel fits between the vents. I’d go for a 150 watt panel, or maybe even larger. It’s not going to hurt anything, and they’re not that expensive. Look at the Thule TK 1 nuts to fit in the tracks. You don’t have to pull the end caps to get them in the tracks.

Hi penner
We chose full length, not for what we need today, we have them and can’t get’em installed better at Time of build.
That was just my thoughts. Go big on the solar panel as suggested.
Enjoy your new camper there a blast.

Russ

I will be staying with the full length tracks . I will be doing the solar when I get home with the help of a local HES dealer. Since we will be spending about 30 nights or so in the camper before we return home I was thinking of taking my own battery with me instead of getting the group 24 that is supplied. The solar Guy recommended one that he stocks but he said it weighs close to 100lbs. Don't know the specs on it but will find out this week. 100lbs sounds kinda heavy to me but maybe not for a good battery. Any thoughts or advice?? Thanks.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Glen I have a 100a battery that weighs about 80#.
When do you get to Reno for the install?
Have a good trip and stay safe.
Frank
We are hoping to leave home on the 19th of Jan . Hope to do the drive in 3 days but that will depend on the weather. Once it's installed I will decide if I'm going to call Deaver and have work done. The sticker on my Silverado says " passengers and cargo not to exceed 1675 lbs. " Removing tailgate would bump it to 1750 probably. I doubt that the Ocelot would be any more than 1000lbs plus 320 for passengers . Time will tell I guess. Wont be taking any chances though because we will be putting on another 7-8000 km before we get home.

Back
Top Bottom