October 2010

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Who wants to do what? Lets see if we can plan something far enough in advance to reserve our chef Gandalf.

I'm up for anything!! My White Rim Trail trip just got cancelled due to my 94 year old Mother taking ill and the WRT just got washed out in a storm anyway. You can only do part of it. They say months before they can repair it.

I am definitely up for a trip in October. Haven't really put much thought into places......just know that I will need to get out and go by then!

Cort

Alabama Hills. Lots of room and plenty of trails in the vicinty. Oh shoot, I forgot i don't have a camper any more. :unsure:

marc

Alabama Hills is a great area, and close enough for us that we could attend a weekend rally there. Primitive camping, no fees, lots to see and do in the Lone Pine area. Have dates been decided yet?

Richard

Attachments

• Alabama Hills WTW.jpg
    Alabama Hills WTW.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 137
Weekend of the 23rd we are hoping to do 395 for the Fall colors. Plan was a little more north, like Virginia Lakes area. Might be tempted to go to Alabama Hills for Pig ala Gandolph though.

The Alabama Hills look like a cool area -- that I haven't been to. That rock looks great -- I like rock. When I'm down as far as Lone Pine it's usually been to/from DV.

When in October? I'm planning a maybe two-week vacation some time in October, so joining my first WTW rally
biggrin.gif
could be at either end of that -- or in the middle, depending on location. I haven't decided exactly when my vacation will be, so I can be flexible.

I know of a cool level spot near Kirkwood ( about 30 minutes west) where we can park quite a few trucks next to the Mokelumne River.

Oh Marc I almost forgot 6-Rivers even has one of the wimpy pilsners you like.
http://www.sixriversbrewery.com/beer_trula.php

I will bring a couple of growlers for you so that you don't have to drink the man beer that the rest of us like.

:p -- just kidding

Cort

I know of a cool level spot near Kirkwood ( about 30 minutes east) where we can park quite a few trucks next to the Mokelumne River.

Thats a real nice area and agree that it would be a good location. :cool:

marc

Oh Marc I almost forgot 6-Rivers even has one of the wimpy pilsners you like.
http://www.sixriversbrewery.com/beer_trula.php

I will bring a couple of growlers for you so that you don't have to drink the man beer that the rest of us like.

:p -- just kidding

Cort

I want :p

That sounds like a good spot. How easy or should I say hard will it be to dig a pit?

Cort

I was thinking of building a rock pit and cook the pig over ground but covered.

The place I am thinking of is easy to get ( even for TED!! :LOL: ); no 4x4 needed;

That place looks great Marc. Lots of fun driving around there as well.

So I want to throw out some dates that I am not available in October

9th and 10th -- Baby Shower

My Niece is due on the 20th so I would say 3 or 4 days either side of that I will not be available.

Cort

The place I am thinking of is easy to get ( even for TED!! ); no 4x4 needed;

Marc, If this spot doesn't work out for the October gathering, mMaybe we could do a trip here some other time. I'd be interested in seeing where you are talking about. We like the area but haven't spent a lot of time there.

What was the previous discussion about the North Rim of GC, that out?

That is just too far most folks to do on short notice. I know I couldn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom