Off to Redwood

Sheryl3

I'm new to here, still getting my self familiar in the forum and how to use.

I'm soon going to have 12 days off from office work next month and planning for some outdoor trip and trying to figure out the planning, preparation, where to go.

We have a cruiser and I'm rarin to go off somewhere with family (from Sac). Looking at some national parks and can't decide yet, but perhaps to Redwood National Park.

Sheryl3 said:
I'm new to here, still getting my self familiar in the forum and how to use.

I'm soon going to have 12 days off from office work next month and planning for some outdoor trip and trying to figure out the planning, preparation, where to go.

We have a cruiser and I'm rarin to go off somewhere with family (from Sac). Looking at some national parks and can't decide yet, but perhaps to Redwood National Park.
Welcome to the cult Sheryl.
Redwood has some great trails and also a beach campground.
It's very popular so a reservation would be good.Also there is another campground just north of Redwood,
Mill Creek CG nice and quiet and close to RNP if you can't get in there.Site #115 is a great spot.
There are several great CGs along the Smith River east of Crescent City.
All within a close drive to the NP.
When are you planning the trip? Easter time might get busy.
Frank

There is also a county park at Big Lagoon, between Patrick’s Point SP and Prairie Creek SP.

If you want to deal with less people, head south down 101 to Humbolt State Redwoods for over nite stay and water and from there into the King Range NCA.. If the bumpy road to the BLM CG at Mattole is open (and since it has been discovered) head over there. No water, $8.00/night on the beach, light houses and trails, the berg of Petrolia and lots of wild country to see here at the northern part of the NCA!. The road from Fontuna to Petrolia has fantastic views to see but interesting to drive! Check with BLM web. site for latest weather and road conditions, but if you can get in it is well worth the trip. FYI-that whole Lost Coast area is a great place to explore :)!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom