Oliver Legacy Elite II

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
Here are a few pictures of Roadrunner, the new to us Oliver travel trailer. After I get them uploaded, I will edit the post and add comments about the them, and why we chose an Oliver Legacy Elite II.

1) Here’s a front view of the trailer, and as you can see, it’s pretty narrow. Externally, it’s 7’ wide. Internally, it’s 6’7” wide, with 6’6” of headroom. We wanted a smaller trailer because sloping off camber terrain created difficulty getting a wider trailer into the barn. It’s also easier to tow. The tongue is almost 22” from the ground, so there is decent ground clearance for boondocking. Outside height is 9’8” at the top of the AC so care is needed with the overhead.
med_gallery_4841_1583_1445138.jpeg

2). Here’s utility tongue box for carrying odds and ends such as leveling blocks, chocks, and low value items. It has a 150# capacity. In the doghouse are the propane tanks.
gallery_4841_1583_960356.jpeg

3) At the rear of the trailer is a removable, locking toolbox for gear that needs securing. It also has a capacity of 150#. Because it partially obscures the trailer lights, there is a set of lights on top, external to the fabricated rails for Yakima components.
med_gallery_4841_1583_32330.jpeg

4). The twin bed floor plan gives a lot more space for the hounds, but Fritz at 92# is challenged by the narrow aisle. About mid way down the driver side bunk, there is a mount for the good sized lagun table. There is a lot of overhead storage in the lighted overhead cabinets.
med_gallery_4841_1583_1872451.jpeg

5) Looking forward past the galley and dinette, towards the bathroom mirrored door, and the closet to the right of the bathroom. With the exception of the galley, the previous owner replaced the resin type cabinet tops with Sapele, an African hardwood. It has a nice feel to it.
gallery_4841_1583_2060782.jpeg

6). Here’s the wet bath, with the Nature’s Head composting toilet. We’re using coconut coir peat as the composting material. The bin needs to be emptied, cleaned and filled with fresh coir about every 6 weeks. Although it’s there, nothing goes into the black tank. A porcelain toilet could be installed with little effort if desired.
gallery_4841_1583_2298593.jpeg

7) Te original 2000 watt Xantrex inverter failed and was replaced with a 2000 watt Victron. Our DC power comes from 4 six volt AGM deep cycle golf cart batteries, which are kept charged by either the Progressive Dynamics converter, or 400 watts of solar on top.
gallery_4841_1583_330704.jpeg

8) Oliver does a great job with the layout of the switch panels. They’re clearly identified and with the exception of lights with two switches (second panel) are marked with on off. Top right is the controller for the Truma.
gallery_4841_1583_1408350.jpeg

TacomaAustin said:
Congratulations - that is an awesome looking build.
Thank you. I can’t take credit for the build, it’s mostly as built in the factory, with some upgrades like the toolbox done by the previous owner.

Wahoo! looking pretty sharp and clean! I like it.

We owned a Casita Travel Trailer and similar design and build, BUT the Oliver is a much better step in overall quality. You done well!

One thing I learned with regards to a storage box on the back is when you put too much weight you need some counter weight on the hitch. You have a very nice storage platform already there to add weight.

On the Casita I did a shock absorber kit for the axle that really worked well for keeping things in the trailer from flying around. I wonder if Oliver installed these at the factory?

Thanks for the pictures. I'm impressed with it and very clean. ;) Patrick

Those are pretty slick. I forgot the Oliver was a dual axle, Casita was a single axle so I needed the shocks.. Thanks for sharing that. Patrick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom