Oregon Coast Surf Fishing trip

Occidental

We took a trip over to the Oregon Coast for a couple weeks, travelled around searching for surf perch, camping, enjoying the sun, and getting soaked in the rain.

Here's the tale: https://www.occidentalist.org/searching-for-surf-perch/
searching-for-surf-perch

and here's a direct link to the video: https://youtu.be/_S4DdLXPi0U

Fantastic weather and a great trip. You have us yearning for the smell of salt water and the taste of fish tacos!

Really enjoyed the video. I'm new to the NW Oregon coast and lucky to be a 5-10 minute drive from several beaches. The last few days we've been hit with back to back to back rain storms and currently have gale, hazardous seas, and beach hazard warnings in addition to flood watch. Winds are currently a steady 20 mph with gusts up to 35+ mph. Needless to say, no surf fishing today!! Thinking of heading to our local surfers cove to take some pics but common sense tells me it's not a good idea!!

Ronin said:
Really enjoyed the video. I'm new to the NW Oregon coast and lucky to be a 5-10 minute drive from several beaches. The last few days we've been hit with back to back to back rain storms and currently have gale, hazardous seas, and beach hazard warnings in addition to flood watch. Winds are currently a steady 20 mph with gusts up to 35+ mph. Needless to say, no surf fishing today!! Thinking of heading to our local surfers cove to take some pics but common sense tells me it's not a good idea!!
Yeah, those aren't ideal conditions for surf fishing! We had a few of those days on our trip as well. I've lived on the north coast (7 years) and on a pretty day it's an ideal place, but those were too few and far between, so now we just visit. There's lots of good weather breaks though, I hope you get out and enjoy as many as you can throughout the winter.

Occidental said:
Yeah, those aren't ideal conditions for surf fishing! We had a few of those days on our trip as well. I've lived on the north coast (7 years) and on a pretty day it's an ideal place, but those were too few and far between, so now we just visit. There's lots of good weather breaks though, I hope you get out and enjoy as many as you can throughout the winter.
We moved from the drought, fire, and smoke of the Ca foothills so we're loving all the rain here. There always seems to be a break in the weather where we can get a quick hike in so we're always monitoring the hourly forecasts which are surprisingly accurate. I've had to invest in some good rain gear to fish in and another set for gardening and volunteer work. So far, the rain hasn't slowed us down!!

Now that looks like my kind of a trip!
Thanks for sharing! Pass the tacos please

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom