Ours!

Kyrazy

Advanced Member
My husband started looking at the FWC way back in '84, '85. Wanted one but didn't buy. Has been talking about it since we got together in 2000. I started getting the itch earlier this year. I ride horses and wanted something for horse camping that didn't involve bringing the coach and truck/trailer separately. I've been Craigslisting for some time and found this great forum.

Found a 1989 Grandby listed in early June for $4600. We have a '78 Chevy so the fit would be perfect but the timing wasn't right. It lasted in CL for another month. I went to see it in late July. I liked what I saw but not the price and the time still wasn't right.

Got my hubby to go look yesterday and we bought it for a much better price. The guy said he had it sold a dozen times but it wouldn't fit the newer trucks.

It's an '89 and not perfect but we like the old stuff - thus the '78 Chevy. Fridge works. Heater just replaced. Water pump added. Fabric and cushions redone about 5 years ago and pretty much in storage since. We've got some work to do but it will be fun learning about it.

The pictures are from the ad and not our truck. It will look MUCH better on our truck! I'll post pictures when we get to that point. Spent this morning building a dolly for the camper. Next step is removing the shell and carpet kit from the Chevy then installing the FWC. For now, I'm just excited!

Attachments

• 89 Grandby Bench.jpg
    89 Grandby Bench.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 89 Grandby Kitchen Counter.jpg
    89 Grandby Kitchen Counter.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 179
  • 89 Grandby Inside from door to Front window.jpg
    89 Grandby Inside from door to Front window.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 89 Grandby Open from passenger side.jpg
    89 Grandby Open from passenger side.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 191
Welcome to the family.
FWCampers are very well built and the factory in Sacramento can repair or replace any major issues
you have or may have in the future.

Terry Budd (Repair and Maintenance Manager) , terry@fourwh.com, is a good resource and is very helpful.

I too, like to drag trailers around with me. It just makes sense. I hope you have lots of fun with your camper.

Thanks everyone. I have been in touch with Terry, he was a great source of info. Going to the SoCal FWC rally next month so will have lots of brains to pick. Need to get it all cleaned up and get some gear in it during the next few weeks.

Wow, if that picture is current that camper appears to be in very good condition! Nice! I have a friend who has a 1985 Keystone he has owned since it was new and he always stores it inside his garage with the top up. It still looks very good.

There is noticably more room in those older campers compared to the newer, narrower floor box campers.

It appears to me you made a good buy.
Regards,
Craig

Thank you! The pictures are current. It was stored inside for much of it's life. New canvas and cushions about 5 years ago. Fridge and heater work. New water pump 3 months ago. It needs some work, it is after all, 24 years old. We like the older stuff though.

Thanks for showing off your new to you grandby at the rally on sunday morning! It was so cool and classic. Loved the truck too...
Joe

Joe, it was good meeting you. It was nice to see everyone enjoy our "old" rig. We love the classic stuff and are so happy to have found a camper that matches our truck. I'm sure we'll see you around.

Randygirl, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom