Outdoor camping table? Suggestions/Recommendations?

kmcintyre

This must have been discussed before but I can't find anything.

We are looking for suggestions and recommendations for a camping, outdoor type table that rolls up. I know there are a lot of them and the last one we had really wasn't up to the task. The slats and how they attached lasted about 3 days.

We'll use it for meal preps, etc. when there aren't tables nearby.

Thanks.

Kevin

I have two, one by Crazy Creek and one by Camptime. The Crazy Creek is an aluminum table and resistant to heat but takes some maintenance every now and then to realign the slats. The Roll-a-Table from Camptime is vinyl covered wood but the top isn't resistant to heat so need to be a bit careful sometimes with pots/pans/stoves/grills but overall a good product.

I've seen some photos of people mounting a bigger, nice table to the underside of the over-cab portion of the camper, in the gap b/w the overcab and the roof of the truck. Seems like a neat idea. We have had two of the small cheapy tables and find them frustrating to use.

I have a rebranded camp kitchen that is fairly heavy and fits in a large bag. Recently I picked up an adjustable height table from Lifetime that was purchased at Costco. I know you asked about the roll up type but for simplicity and durability this has replaced my fancy camp kitchen. It is lighter in weight too.
You can see it here under my tarp awning.

We have one similar to the Alps but it has adjustable legs for different heights. I think we bought it at Costco, or maybe Walmart. It fits in a bag and works well for us. It has a lot of table top space for cooking and prep.

100_1851.JPG

I have the cabelas deluxe camp kitchen. Works well but is pretty big even folded up and weighs in 54 lbs so not real light either. But really nice once it's set up for a long trip.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

I'll throw out a different idea. Honda CRV's have a nice little tailgating table under the rear carpet. I have bought 2 of these from junkyards for a total investment of $20 and some scrap metal.

Not huge. But fold flat and quite sturdy.

And I've even found a way to use it inside my Eagle shell.

I have the Roll-a-Table and quite like it for the most part. Rolls up nice and small, light-weight, sturdy.
But when I pull my camp chair next to it... it's too tall for me! (then again, I'm kinda short....)

Since we're on the topic of tables, came across these today as i was sorting through gear in the garage in preparation for my upcoming trip. Another advantage to the Camptime Roll-a-Table is the ability to connect them.

Back
Top Bottom