Outdoor Eagle and Truck storage

Mick

I have been trying to figure the best way to keep my new 4WC eagle in good shape stored outside on my truck. I live in Northern cal so the winters aren't too bad but I have always garaged my vehicles but this one won't fit and I hate to see my rig sitting in the rain. any thoughts on covering? wax on the eagle? It is also my daily driver

Hi Mick: For all its worth, I will tell you what I do in case it gives you some ideas. A few months of the year
I take the camper off and store it in the garage. Once off the truck, I lower it on a dolly which is low to the point it will fit in the garage. I roll it in and position it sideways up against the front of the garage wall. I then jack it back up on its jacks and I drive my car which I do not drive too much and has a low front end under the side of the camper. I then park the truck next to the car and camper in the garage. The front of the truck fits under the bed overhang of the camper.

Hope I have given you some ideas. There has been some discussions on this forum about waxing and covering the campers and it appears that it is not such a good idea. Be careful with those ideas.

Have fun.

Darryl

In your case I would opt for an outdoor car canopy such as:
http://www.acecanopy.com/carcanopy.html

You want to keep the rain off of it.
Also, it's very important to raise the top and air it out frequently!!

Watch for mildew in the corners. I've had good success with Tilex mildew remover.

Hi Mick: For all its worth, I will tell you what I do in case it gives you some ideas. A few months of the year
I take the camper off and store it in the garage. Once off the truck, I lower it on a dolly which is low to the point it will fit in the garage. I roll it in and position it sideways up against the front of the garage wall. I then jack it back up on its jacks and I drive my car which I do not drive too much and has a low front end under the side of the camper. I then park the truck next to the car and camper in the garage. The front of the truck fits under the bed overhang of the camper.

IIRC FWC should not be stored sitting on the camper jacks, but need to be sitting on the bottom with sawhorses or the like.

Overland Hadley: Just FYI, I have an All Terrain and All Terrain told me that the way I am storing the camper is just fine. You just cannot go inside of it.

Darryl

Ditto with a FWC.

Freestanding on the jacks is ok, but if you have to go inside, the floor needs to be supported so the jackstands don't splay out under the additional weight.

FWIW, mine is on my truck or stored outside all year in some nasty weather. Pull the snow off, open it up on a nice day to air it out and it's all good.

Overland Hadley: Just FYI, I have an All Terrain and All Terrain told me that the way I am storing the camper is just fine. You just cannot go inside of it.

Darryl

Got it. I must have missed that when I read about having the floor supported.

FWIW, mine is on my truck or stored outside all year in some nasty weather. Pull the snow off, open it up on a nice day to air it out and it's all good.

Good to know. I was feeling bummed about having to store mine outside all the time.

Back
Top Bottom