Outer window coverings.

57Pan

What do most people do with their outer window coverings on an Allterrain Camper? I’ve only put mine on once when I thought a serious storm was rolling in. Otherwise most of the time I have them rolled up and placed under my bench seat in the camper.

I put ours (when we had them) in an old, folding chair bag rolled up and stored them under the seats. I kind of liked the old method where they rolled up on themselves on the outside. Having to "plan" ahead of a storm and attaching them was a hassle (for me at least as I needed a ladder/chair to get up that high).

ski3pin said:
They are tucked next to our tool container behind the driver's seat in the truck.

kmcintyre said:
I put ours (when we had them) in an old, folding chair bag rolled up and stored them under the seats. I kind of liked the old method where they rolled up on themselves on the outside. Having to "plan" ahead of a storm and attaching them was a hassle (for me at least as I needed a ladder/chair to get up that high).

57Pan said:
I like the idea of a chair bag to store them in. I’m going to do this.
I should have mentioned this also. Our flaps are in a small tent storage bag from years past. :)

I took 2 of mine off before I left on my latest trip and slipped them under the bed. Unfortunately there were heavy rains on Day 3 and I had water dripping down the inside. Since I didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the flap I had to stack my cooler on my step stool in order to put the flaps back up. How are you all able to reach up there, do you bring ladders along?

lprdshrk said:
I took 2 of mine off before I left on my latest trip and slipped them under the bed. Unfortunately there were heavy rains on Day 3 and I had water dripping down the inside. Since I didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the flap I had to stack my cooler on my step stool in order to put the flaps back up. How are you all able to reach up there, do you bring ladders along?
On the F350, there is no way I can reach the top of my storm flaps, so tend to leave them on in all but the best conditions. If window ventilation/light is needed , I try to roll them up a little from the bottom.

If needed, I think getting cozy with a fence or guardrail might be a solution, but the best would be a taller step stool.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
On the F350, there is no way I can reach the top of my storm flaps, so tend to leave them on in all but the best conditions. If window ventilation/light is needed , I try to roll them up a little from the bottom.

If needed, I think getting cozy with a fence or guardrail might be a solution, but the best would be a taller step stool.
I just checked out the local hardware store. There was a decent priced 4 foot step ladder, but since space is so limited I think I might just continue to use the stool and cooler, but strap the cooler onto the stool. I did eye the picnic table when the storm came in, but I opted for the stool/cooler option instead. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom