Overland Expo East

Happyjax

Hello all :)

Myself, Linda N and Smlobx are going to Overland Expo East. We are planning on meeting there on Thursday (Allowed with Full Experience package) and camp together.

Wondering if anyone else is going and if they want to join us!

Will likely be spending a LOT O'moola on a camper and yes Alaskan is in the lead......

Probably buy O'ton of other stuff too.

Hope to hear from some other suckers :)

Happy labor day! Now I gotta work to pay for all this...lol ;)

HJ

Yes it is pricey but I figured it was worth it for my 1st time :) Glad to have some friends to share it with! Of course camper shopping is the main reason this time :)

Was thinking about going till I seen the price. Just don't have the funds right now. Will be up in NC in a couple weeks though camping in our Alaskan. Good choice though if you go with one.

Thanks for posting HJ.
Yes we're going since we're still working (!!).
It is expensive and getting more so each year it seems but somebody's gotta pay for Jonathan's LC!

There are some cheaper options if you don't need to camp and just want to tool around :)

We've been to 3 OX-West and 2 OX-East. Definitely worth the effort and new price if you've never been.

OX-East is about 1/2 - 2/3 the size of West. But still a worthwhile event to attend.

I would recommend the Overland Experience package at least once. We bought the OE package at our first West event years ago and got our monies worth; attended many classes.

One of the best classes we attended was presented by a retired State Department career diplomat. His subject was crossing borders and visiting other countries; what to expect and not so much. Having travel internationally my entire adult work life and still traveling across borders in retirement, I found the presentation very informative.

I'm going up Thursday 11/8/18 and staying at Davidson River campground for the night. The shuttle service from the brewery is only about 4 miles from the campground. I just got a day pass for Friday to have a lookabout. It's about 3 hours from the house for me - hope to see you up there. Bob

Is anyone beside me wondering when the class schedule will be posted??

We're only about a month out and it will take me two weeks to just go through all the options!

Eddie, my past experience at a number of OXs, if you want to participate in any of the driving classes, you need to sign up in a matter of minutes. I've seen several driving classes close out within mere minutes of the email blast for classes being sent.

I'm into complex recovery techniques, multiple points and angles. And every recovery/winching class closed out before I could sign up. But, that didn't prohibit me from standing around and watching. Always good to hear exceptionally qualified instructors teach...makes for a great refresher even if I wasn't hands on.

I haven't even been sent the email yet.....

Hope there is something left to sign up for. Spent a lot of money for these tickets, want my money's worth....

Yes and it may take several more days. Hoping they have enough classes as half the spots were still available when I signed up:)

As I recall, the OX home office sends out the class skd/signup in small daily groups based on when you registered. The earlier you register, the sooner you receive the class info and signup ability. They do it this way since most driving classes fill up quickly so the earlier registrants get first shot at those class slots.

Got my email. Setup up 5 classes. Couldn't get a couple of them but did get some good classes so psyched!

Well I have to say that the class schedule was more user friendly than last year, at least with my iPad.
It took all of 20 minutes to pick our classes!

I saw on Facebook that FWC is offering camping at their display.

I asked if it includes a camping pass for someone who procrastinated and waited until the were sold out. I haven’t seen an answer yet.......

Back
Top Bottom