Phew what a relief!

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I'm getting laid off. It's good news actually, this job was running me ragged. I see Camper time and WTW updates in the future. And stickers I promise this time or my name isn't Dirty Dog!

That's good news. Work is the curse of the camping class. I hope this turns out to be a good thing. This can open up your time to new opportunities.

Cheers,

Mike

me too! this has been dragging on for too long.
the only bad part is the loss of the employers health ins.

DirtyDog:

Sad to hear the bad news. Good to know you might have some free time to do some exploring. Come up to Seattle, and we FWC types can have a gathering. Go to the great basin.....such a cool area to explore....roam the roads of OR and see what you find.

Might be the best thing to happen to you. Hope you get a good severence package.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Dave in Seattle

Thanks everyone. I found out today that they want me to stay until the end of the year now. I just can't seem to attain that unemployment holy grail.

And my name really is Dirty Dog. Diego calls me Aaron though.

Work is the curse of the camping class

I'm getting this as a bumper sticker! Good luck out there, DD. If you can swing it, say UE for as long as you can. This economy ain't going anywhere without you.

Be carefull what you ask for.

DD.

I've been employed, unemployed and self employed/employer. The later was by far the best and worst time of my life. If you have the where-with-all to be un/self employed for as long as you want then go for it! For my part, I'm good at getting the job done, but not so good at finding the work or running a business. Just remember to keep in touch with the technology - it's amazing how fast you can get behind the the curve in today's world.

I've been employed, unemployed and self employed/employer. The later was by far the best and worst time of my life. If you have the where-with-all to be un/self employed for as long as you want then go for it! For my part, I'm good at getting the job done, but not so good at finding the work or running a business. Just remember to keep in touch with the technology - it's amazing how fast you can get behind the the curve in today's world.

I usually run my own biz but I sold off part of it and it came with a job. I'll think twice about that arrangement in the future. For me being unemployed is just going back to my mad scientist internet lab in the basement.

So, fellow wanderers, I am happy to report that I am wrapping up a deal that might finally end this employment problem (being employed that is). Wish me luck!

Well, if camping-usa.com doesn't make enough to support the unemployed camping lifestyle, there's always highway robbery.

I'm going to sell fruit at the side of the highway.

I'm going to sell fruit at the side of the highway.
Hey, my grandfather made, I understand, some good money doing that in the late '60s early '70s.

So, fellow wanderers, I am happy to report that I am wrapping up a deal that might finally end this employment problem (being employed that is). Wish me luck!

Aaron,

I truely envy you.

Aaron,

I truely envy you.

All you need is a reckless disregard for the future. You can do it too :D

Back
Top Bottom