possible truck change

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Any help. I have the bobcat on my 06 Ranger.Like the rig BUT looking for something just a little bigger like a Tundra 05/03.2wd ok.What kind of ride do they give with the camper?What about gas mileage? Any one with a bobcat on a Tundra?

Thanks for the help

Frank

Our tundra has been carrying our ocelot for about 6 mos without being unloaded. We run E rated tires but have no suspension upgrades.
The rear dropped about 2 inches or so, but the truck seems to carry the load fine, stops and goes without a problem. Moderate off-roading has not caused any difficulties. We lost about 3 mpg with the load.

Why 2WD?, just curious. I know it is simpler, a little better economy perhaps. I was just looking at a newer truck but it was 2wd which won't work for me. Last year I was in a Provincial Park campsite, pretty suburban, but to get out it was up hill and slippery grass and I had to engage 4wd, happened 1x before in Oregon. 4WD is to me nice security.

Why 2WD?, just curious. I know it is simpler, a little better economy perhaps. I was just looking at a newer truck but it was 2wd which won't work for me. Last year I was in a Provincial Park campsite, pretty suburban, but to get out it was up hill and slippery grass and I had to engage 4wd, happened 1x before in Oregon. 4WD is to me nice security.

Thanks,don't really feel the need for 4wd,but it could be an option if I find the right truck.Just thought of the Tundra as my bobcat will fit.The main reason is for a slightly larger truck in hopes it will ride better and a little more power.The ranger we currently have is 2wd and worked just fine on our Alaska/Yukon trip,except for the comfort on some of the longer mileage days.Don't want a new truck since this is our "RV"and not a daily driver.Have looked at some 03-05 Tundras so far.There isn't any hurry so when the time is right we'll make the move.

Frank

Have a 05 Tundra with a Hawk. First generation Tundra's go to 2006. Do not get a V6 get the V8 it gets better mileage and has more power. In 05 the V8 went to venerable valve timing. I have a bench seat on the 05 only an arm rest pulls down, on the 06 the full back folds down making it earlier to reach in the back. Small thing but I with mine did.

By the way I love my Tundra.

Have a 05 Tundra with a Hawk. First generation Tundra's go to 2006. Do not get a V6 get the V8 it gets better mileage and has more power. In 05 the V8 went to venerable valve timing. I have a bench seat on the 05 only an arm rest pulls down, on the 06 the full back folds down making it earlier to reach in the back. Small thing but I with mine did.

By the way I love my Tundra.

Thanks Bill.I am looking at a 2000 4WD xtend cab 58k miles good price very clean.I would take out the rear seat so we can add our storage units and plug in fridge.

Frank

Thanks Bill.I am looking at a 2000 4WD xtend cab 58k miles good price very clean.I would take out the rear seat so we can add our storage units and plug in fridge.

Frank

I took out my rear seat for a trip two years ago and still have not put it back. There is a lot more room with out the rear seat. A 2000 with only 58k is very low miles.

Bill

I took out my rear seat for a trip two years ago and still have not put it back. There is a lot more room with out the rear seat. A 2000 with only 58k is very low miles.

Bill

Thats my thought about the miles.The asking price is 12,300 does that seem right ?It's a 4wd loaded.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom