Power And Wiring

cmck

Advanced Member
Hey Everybody, hope you are all enjoying the nice weekend, Just a couple questions regarding power for the ranger 2

Does the shore power on the side of the camper only power the 110 outlet inside? no lights or furnace can be run of this?

And for the dc plug on the passenger side , I need to make a longer jumper to reach my battery, but there is no markings on the two leads as to which is positive and which goes to negative on my battery? I would like to do a more permanent install but not sure where to put the second battery. So I just want to get it hooked up to my truck battery to test everything out.

Thanks

Chris

If you have a built in inverter like I do shore power should power every thing when is plugged in to 110.

I'm not sure but I think DC doesn't care which is + and - but don't take that to the bank others here will be more knowledgeable than I.

if you plug the camper into shore power (110/120v electricity), it will only power the house outlet in the cabinets, and run the refrigerator (if you have one), on the older campers like yours.

The newer four wheel campers built from 2002, or newer, will almost always have a power converter built in.

on the outside 12v camper wiring

WHITE WIRE = POSITIVE (+)

BLACK WIRE = GROUND (-)

I would like to do a more permanent install but not sure where to put the second battery.

If it fits the space between the truck and camper in front of the wheel well makes a decent spot and doesn't rob space in the camper.

Mine are under the bench right now towards the front.

Excellent, thanks for the info. I was thinking of trying to get it in to the front corner of the box as well and thinking it will fit.
Thanks Again!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom