Preparing for Swift install on Tacoma

bwag

Advanced Member
Hello,

I'm getting Swift installed next Friday (It has some options so it'll be pushing 11-1200 lbs I'm sure), it'll be sliding in a 2011 Tacoma Double Cab Offroad. I bought the truck new and pretty much from the start have had fox 2.0 coil overs with remote resevoirs up front and 2.0's in the rear with good year duratrac's. Truck has always ran great but was never good at hauling a load in the bed not even a light load and my truck never qualified for the leaf spring recall.

Last week I changed out the front to Fox 2.5's with remote reservoirs (That's another story), OME Dakar Heavy Duty springs with add a leafs and firestone air bags with daystar cradles in the rear. I also installed the OME carrier bearing drop kit.

Since I'm currently riding around with no camper installed there's quite a bit of forward rake which is what I expected. Only issue I've encountered is what feels like a slight vibration in the rear from the drive line at around 5-7mph. I called a drive line shop and asked if I should hold off on shims until after the camper is installed as it will level the truck off quite a bit i'm sure. The guy thought that was probably the best idea as he thought it might bring the frame of the truck back down a bit. If there's still a vibration he suggested to remove the carrier bearing first and see if it helps before going the shim route.

Anyone else run into this issue and have it resolve itself once the camper was installed?

Back
Top Bottom