Price Guidance - Used 2011 FWC Hawk

graymaurer

Hello All,

I'm selling a Hawk to a buddy and want to give him a good price based on the current market value. After looking into the current market, I'm clearly not aware of what would be fair. I'm asking the "pros" here for some realistic insight on what would be fair. In short, what would be a good sale price to a close friend?

My Camper:

2011 Hawk, second owner
furnace
100W solar
deep cycle AGM optima, replaced last year
sink w/pump
20 Gal water
fold down couch
thermal pack
rear LED flood lights
fantastic fan
rear propane storage w/ two 11# tanks
jacks
cassette toilet
inverter for charging battery on shore power
lift struts for roof
I built out custom cabinets and controls from a shell model about 5 years ago.

Also comes with the utility trailer that the camper drops onto to move/haul it around.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

Gray

Attachments

• IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 113
additional pictures.

I'll add more tonight when I get home.

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3492.JPG
    IMG_3492.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 135
That's hard to give a price.Seems it's what ever the traffic will bare.
Check back several weeks on the used camper thread to see what some of the asking prices are.

That might give you a fair price.Or contact Stan at FWC for his input.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That's hard to give a price.Seems it's what ever the traffic will bare.
Check back several weeks on the used camper thread to see what some of the asking prices are.

That might give you a fair price.Or contact Stan at FWC for his input.
Frank

I guess that's my problem....I feel the pricing all over the place. Even older campers going for $15k+.

I've looked back over months and it doesn't seem to give a solid, reliable range for pricing.

Perhaps I will ask Stan as well.

I see many owners selling their campers for more than they paid with the current market. Do you want to make money? Do you want to remain good friends? I tend to always go toward the latter. After looking at numbers, sit down with your friend and talk it out. Find a middle ground where you are both smiling and will continue to enjoy each others company.

I guess what I'm looking at is opinions from the folks here on what they think is a good price, based on their individual review of the recent prices. I have an idea, but a neutral opinion from folks here is helpful.

ski3pin said:
I see many owners selling their campers for more than they paid with the current market. Do you want to make money? Do you want to remain good friends? I tend to always go toward the latter. After looking at numbers, sit down with your friend and talk it out. Find a middle ground where you are both smiling and will continue to enjoy each others company.
Hahahah, we'll remain good friends. Again, I think the starting point is analyzing the market and getting the opinion here on what the fair price would be. He and I will go from there so we're both happy. I do see a lot of people selling high due to the current national situation, which is why this is more complicated.

If you want a reasonable price for a friend, see if you can find pre-pandemic sales for your price research.
Because as others have said, people are paying a lot for them at the moment.

What you have would be about $18k new with a 10 month wait list for completion. Based on your photos it appears to be in very good shape. If I were putting it on today's open market, I would ask $15k for it. How much you are willing to discount that for a friend is up to you.

Try calling your insurance agent to see what the estimate is if it got destroyed or stolen. They will give you a price that is likely near the lower end of the range. Then you just have to calculate the value of your friendship as a mark up (or mark down).

when u are selling to a friend/family, you also need to figure in the 'no hassle' discount. when u sell over the internet, you have no idea of the person, and history. generally i dont put a lot of trust into a stranger, until i have spent some time with them, which u wont with a stranger-buyer.
with a friend, you can just take a check. no need to go to the bank to validate the cashiers check, etc.. not as much worries about the sales contract.
and your friend will take the trailer. good chance with another buyer that they would have other ideas, and then you are left with the trailer.
selling to someone you know, is a huge benefit and discount, and is not represented in current selling prices.
go

NADA Guides now has values for used Four Wheel Campers. Yours comes in just under $12,000 which sounds about right to me based on prices I've seen the last few years. I don't think this reflects the current market that seems way over inflated, and I personally would not ask a friend to pay these inflated prices.

With people I know, I have an "asking price" in mind that I think is fair based on how much I've put into the purchase and upgrades minus the wear and tear I've put on it, then I ask them to make an offer. I've found that many times they will offer a little more than I would have asked. It ends up a win-win situation, they are usually pleased that I accepted their offer with no haggling and I am pleased to get more than my "asking price" without the haggling which I really do not enjoy.

I bought a 2006 Grandby, my first, six years ago. After paying $6k to seller, I asked him why he was selling it so cheap. He said that was what he paid for it and wanted to pass on what he don’t use anymore. Pricing your Hawk depends how much you like your friend and how greedy you are. My 2 cents.
If he is your lifelong friend, sell it to him what you put into it. Pass it on, you will both feel better for it.
The 2006 Grandby, I sold it later for $8k and bought a 2007 model for less than $6k, sold that with a profit after couple of years and now in my newer 3rd Grandby.

Agreed here. I was offered $22k cash for my 2017 Hawk.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I think Ted has the right idea. 15k sounds like a good price.
Even for a friend that's a fair value.
Frank

Thinking in the $15K range like Ted and Frank. For insurance purposes I started checking the Instagram Four Wheel Campers used page. I was shocked to see numerous fully loaded front dinettes in Hawks 2014-16 actually sold for more than my fully loaded 2014 Grandby front dinette. They were sold $22K - $28+K.

Back
Top Bottom