Propane regulator failure

Bdold

Advanced Member
Anyone like me have numerous failures with their propane regulator? This is my second time in my 2010 Grandby. Are there better products?

In what way does it fail? If you can't get propane to flow, then you may want to try tightening the connection hose. I had intermittent problems until I finally just tried really giving the connecter at the tank a good final twist. When I do that it works everytime.

The regulator actually leaks. Sets off the alarm. I bubble checked it as well. Just curious why it's failing...

bdold said:
The regulator actually leaks. Sets off the alarm. I bubble checked it as well. Just curious why it's failing...

Ok...it leaks...but where is it leaking? Did all the previous regulators that you had fail also leak?

I don't seem to be able to take a small enough image so I'll describe it. It leaks from a small knob off of the main part of the regulator. There is a screen on it. Not a joint or hose connection.

To get by last weekend I purchased a different style. The regulator is smaller and right next to the bottle connection. I can't leave it connected while traveling.

The other one failed 6ish years ago. I don't recall where it failed but, it was leaking and setting off the alarm.

Back
Top Bottom