Pure Sine Wave Inverter

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
I am in need of a 1000W PSW inverter. I would like one with a low current draw at when not in use.

Recommendations?

I have a Victron Phoenix:
https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters/phoenix-inverter-vedirect-250va-800va#manual

I have been very happy with my other Victron bits, and this works well with them.

It has an 'eco mode' that draws ~ 1W in idle.

One nice thing is that it is fully monitorable/programmable with the VictronConnect app. You can adjust the low voltage disconnect to match your batteries and wire gauge. If you know you run heavy loads and there is a lot of voltage drop in the wire, you can lower it down to 9V, or with lithium you can set it just above your BMS shutdown voltage.

Speaking of draw... I have a Renogy 1000 W PSW inverter. I also have a 10 year old mini inverter (see below).
I will be using the Renogy for plugging in my eBike battery charger. I also take my MacBook Pro laptop and though I have
a plug in DC adapter.... I started to wonder if in a pinch I had to use the 110 AC charger for the Mac which inverter would take less juice?...I.E. which would be the most energy efficient way to charge the laptop with AC?

Here is the mini inverter as well as the Mac AC plug

Attachments

• IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom