Putting a Raven on an F150

James3344

So I am planning on buying a new Raven and after reading some threads I have become worried about the capability of my truck. It is a 2019 F-150 3.5 Eco boost with max tow package and front stabilizer bar. Max payload of my truck is a little over 2,000 lbs. The Raven is estimated to weigh 1,400 lbs. So I thought it would be fine. But there are a ton of people on here saying you should have a 3/4 ton truck.

Can anyone verify that my truck is capable of a 1,400 lbs. Raven? Plus two people and a dog.

I have a 2017 F150 3.5 EB with a 2017 fully loaded Hawk. GVW is 7050 Payload is 1759. No mods to the truck. Traveled over 81000 miles so far with no problems. I replaced the original "C" tires with "E" at about 65000 miles. Have only had the camper off the truck about 3 times in 3 years. I weighed it once and was about 120 lbs overweight with me in it. I travel alone. From what I read, many others are a lot more overweight. Factory weight of the Hawk is 1420 lbs.

Put a set of Firestone Ride-Rite air bags on the truck, get a camper, and go have fun.

You should be fine with that set up.

Ford trucks seem to do really well carrying a pop-up camper like the Raven Model.

If you upgrade to a good set of "E Rated" truck tires, that will help as well.

Back
Top Bottom