Raise/lower valve has slight ‘weeping’ leak

NaturalSight

I am a new owner of a 2013 Alaskan 10 that came to me without an owners manual and have a couple of questions about the hydraulic system. First, every time I raise/lower the camper, my hand has hydraulic fluid on it. Not a lot and I can’t see where it is coming from. It may not be worth the trouble to fix. Is there a way to check and see if the fluid level is low? I see what looks like a threaded fill plug at the top of the black reservoir above the hydraulic pump. I assume that this is where I should add fluid is needed. I am sure that I can search the threads here to find what kind to add. I don’t know what type was used before and am guessing that it is not advisable to mix types. Advice?
180B1277-7B9F-4D2A-B99B-59BF76197C6A.jpeg6EA7826F-9313-429F-A2B9-B983E4AB2BE3.jpeg

Yes that is the fill hole, use a straw or something to see how full it is. Pour carefully as it can be quite a mess.I use John Deer hydraulic oil in my 2014. And yes there is some seep in mine as well. Age perhaps. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom