Ready to join the roof top solar club but.....

rotti

I'm going to go with the factory Zamp setup but my concern is roof top clearance into my garage. Could anyone with factory 160w give me an idea of the height of the panel as installed on the camper roof? I do not have the Yakima tracks.

Looks like I have about 3 3/4" clearance from the camper roof to the door header and 1 3/4" from the vents.

Rotti, I have the 100W Zamp on my roof. I can check that if you don't get a response. Not sure whether they are the same thickness or not.

My solar panel sits at the same height or just lower than the roof vents.

Someone on youtube built a "dolly" for his FWC in a low clearance garage; heavy duty wood frame on decent casters. Another benefit is that with the camper being supported by the dolly (and stabilized by the jacks) you can get in and out of the thing when it's off the truck.

I thought about this for us when we eventually get ours, but the driveway is sloped away from the garage and I don't want to become a viral video.

I'll answer my own question for future reference if anyone is interested.
Sent an email to the factory and received this:

"The solar panels are mounted to an aluminum Z bar, then mounted to either the roof directly or, the Yakima tracks. A direct install to the roof will have the solar panel sit ½” higher than the roof vents. If it was mounted to the Yakima tracks, the panel would sit almost 1” higher than the vent."

Back
Top Bottom