Rear Truck Tail Light Theft - Does Hawk Block Mounting Screws?

Openroad

Greetings... Our FWC Hawk is scheduled to be built next month and we hope to get our F350 soon. The truck will be built with Ford BLIS (blind spot information system) built into the tail lights.

Based on what I have seen, the Hawk camper will not block the two screws that hold in the rear tail lights on this truck. I believe that is also true for the F150. Has anybody had their rear tail lights stolen and or does anybody have any ideas on deterrents to keep this from happening. If you have a Ford Super Duty does your camper block the screws?

Apparently, tail lights, tailgates and catalytic converters are hot items for thieves these days. At over $1000 a tail light they are high on the list of thieves.

Try and find like sized tamper proof Torx screws and replace the factory screws with them. While it is not a bullet proof solution, not a lot of meth heads carry those types of bits I would guess. Be nice if people were just able to pay as much attention to where their vehicle is in relation to what's around it as they do other devices and these ridiculous cost increasing safety systems would not be needed.

I’ve got a 2020 Hawk on a 2020 Superduty, I’ve had to replace a blis taillight, didn’t need to remove the camper.

Back
Top Bottom