Relocated a Rear Camera to the Cougar

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
I finally relocated the backup camera to the Cougar. The replacement camera from Camera Source was bad words, potty mouth expensive, but worth every penny.

The 2023 Ford Super Duty trucks with the 360° camera system have the unique “feature” of shutting down the entire camera system when the tailgate is removed. More bad words!!

The camera relocation kit was pretty easy to install, and almost complete. Best of all, it works! I have a few cosmetic tasks to finish before I post any photos.

I have a 2017 Ford F350 with the back up camera in the tailgate and the truck does not have the 360 camera system.
I just order a 2024 Hawk that should be in the first part of September. I saw on camera-source.com a pretty simple solution that shows the camera mounted just above the license plate bracket and it is $199 dollars. It seems in looking at their website that it gets much more expensive if you have the 360 camera system with the Super Duty.

I have a 2017 Ford F350 with the back up camera in the tailgate and the truck does not have the 360 camera system.
I just order a 2024 Hawk that should be in the first part of September. I saw on camera-source.com a pretty simple solution that shows the camera mounted just above the license plate bracket and it is $199 dollars. It seems in looking at their website that it gets much more expensive if you have the 360 camera system with the Super Duty.
More expensive indeed, more than twice as expensive.

I had an extra camera because I replaced the original with a brand new one for clarity and I was about to toss the old camera and I thought why not use it. I zipped tied it to my license plate frame and ran the cable to the factory plug. When I take the camper off, I just unplug the camper camera and plug in the tailgate camper. so far so good and since it was free I can live with the zip ties. I have so much more confidence with the camera restored!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom