Scenic and Morbid?

2Z Bundok

Advanced Member
Has anybody been to a scenic place with evidence of human injury? Example: Mogie Dugway with rusty car carcass hanging on the cliff.

On a logging road on Vancouver Island on British Columbia's west coast there is a completely crushed car at a prominent spot with a sign indicating that "loaded off highway log trucks have the right of way". Not sure about it being scenic, though. :)

On the West coast of Namibia (keeping with the WTW theme!) we came across a human skeleton…it was picked clean and bleached white but gave me the heeby jeebies. We were a couple of hundred miles from anything resembling civilization.

ski3pin said:
Can't just leave it there. We need more information.
We did just that and left it there. My friend thought about taking it home but that was just creepy plus there was the possibility of Federale checkpoints and border crossing inspection.

camelracer said:
We did just that and left it there. My friend thought about taking it home but that was just creepy plus there was the possibility of Federale checkpoints and border crossing inspection.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Yeah it's hard to explain why you are driving around with a human skull in your camper.
Frank
especially in a foreign country.

Back in 1995 I purchased a "dropped" moose antler from a "gift/art" store
in Roslyn,Wa.I made sure I had a valid receipt from the store as we were
driving into BC Canada.I had thoughts running through my head the rest of the trip until
we were back in the US that it would be taken from be in Canada.

Can't imagine what it would be like to have a skull along.
Frank

We hiked to an obscure place on Mt Potosi where Carole Lombard died in a plane crash (and so did several other people).

Below old Rt 40 as it summits the mountains there are two places where old transport trucks when over the side and were too far down to retrieve......that alone is pretty morbid to me.....

Most interesting to me was an early forties Car Hauler ...still had parts of a car in the 8 car trailer....

I saw and took pictures in the early 1970's...not sure if it is still there.

David Graves

Back
Top Bottom