searching for a utility trailer

newtofwc

Advanced Member
I'm searching for a used utility trailer. The type with the high sides is what I had in mind. I've included a picture of one that is currently listed on a popular auction site.

I have no mechanical engineering training; but I have intentionally cold worked metal to the point of failure—as well as having seen repeated cycles to parts for whatever reason, fail.

What do you think of this trailer? In my mind, and at the very least, an attempt to brace it would be absolutely necessary before hitting the road.

Attachments

• noworries.jpg
    noworries.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 50
Are you concerned about the frame in photo right that appears to be bent? If that's it, I would check it thoroughly. Possibly bracing. Before that, I'd look for a trailer that hasn't been in some kind of an accident.

Yes, that's right @Wandering Sagebrush I just received a reply from them stating that it is in fact bent; they went on to assure me that it was okay that way, as it would not hinder towing or handling. I however am going to pass on it.

Thanks W.S.

Advocate said:
Yes, that's right @Wandering Sagebrush I just received a reply from them stating that it is in fact bent; they went on to assure me that it was okay that way, as it would not hinder towing or handling. I however am going to pass on it.

Thanks W.S.
I think you're making a good decision.

Back
Top Bottom