Sears Diehard Differences/Prices

ETAV8R

Sears Diehard Differences?

As my battery tray comes closer to being completed it is time to begin looking at batteries. Does anyone know the difference in these two Sears Group 34 batteries besides labeling, cca, and terminal post location? Seems as though the automotive battery is the way to go since the amp hours are the same. The cca is greater with the marine deep cycle. I think the side terminals and lower price make the auto battery the choice to go with.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...90000P?prdNo=8
Group Size: 34/78DT
Height (in.): 7.8
Item Weight (lbs.): 53
Length (in.): 10.9
Width (in.): 7.875
Power Ratings:
Amp Hours at 20 Hour Rate: 68
Capacity Amp Hours at 10 Hour Rating: 62
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F): 850
Reserve Capacity (RC): 135
Design & Construction:
Battery Design: Absorbed Glass Mat
Battery Grade: DieHard Platinum
Container Material: Polycarbonate/polyester
Maintenance: Maintenance Free
Number of Cells: 6
Overall Type: Deep-cycle
Positive Terminal Side: Left
Temperate Zone: North or South
Terminal Post Location: Top & Side

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...3&blockType=G3
Dimensions:
Height (in.): 7.9
Item Weight (lbs.): 53
Length (in.): 10.9
Width (in.): 6.8
Battery Type:
Group Size: 34M
Power Ratings:
Amp Hours at 20 Hour Rate: 68
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F): 880
Reserve Capacity (RC): 135 min.
Design & Construction:
Container Material: Polycarbonate/polyester
Temperate Zone: North or South
Terminal Post Location: Top

I posted this over on Expo Portal months ago and have been watching the prices of these two batteries. Right now they are both on sale for $184, just under $200 out the door. Just in case anyone was shopping for a good second battery.

Get the marine, it looks to be a dual purpose but does have deep cycle capability.

For a camper battery deep cycle is the better option as it fits the intended use. CCA doesn't mean much to a camper battery, but amp-hrs capacity does.

Went to Sears today to have my Diehard Gold truck battery tested after some slow starts, battery was bad. Asked if they had a Platinum that fit my truck yet and was told they quit making them due to poor sales and the high price. There may be some left on the shelves at random stores but the Diehard Platinum is no more. Fortunately my 5 year old group 31 camper battery is still kicking nicely.

Back
Top Bottom