Self Sightings

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
Sure, there is the sightings thread. But I see other campers all the time. How many of you can sight yourself?

Ever been driving down the road and seen a car going the other way with a funny contraption above it? Something like a cross between a disco ball and a camera. That is a vehicle filming the views you see on Google Maps' Street View. I saw one a while back and checked the location where I saw it. Sure as heck...

gallery_176_163_364648.jpg

Ted is Ted, always visible, always known. A real celeb!

He also is a friend to drunks that might get beat up.

He also is a friend to drunks that might get beat up.

Jay, in all of my travels I don't remember ever meeting anyone that meets this description.

Alas, no freebies, Frank.

Bill, your lawn looks great! Will you be our lawn guy?

Mtn-high, thats the way every home looks in CA. State law requires all homes have a pool and at least one starlet per neighborhood. ;) FWC in the driveway of the gray house.

gallery_176_163_39275.jpg

Barking Spider's FWC shows up in the current google earth shot of his neighborhood. Still, I bet swimming pools outnumber pop ups in California. I have found our rig in a couple of google earth shots in the middle of Nevada. :eek:

Here in The Old Pueblo we trade in the starlets for saguaros. At my age it seems a fair trade. Pools are not only necessary but required along with the obligatory All Terrain Camper in the side yard. This was taken before the 52 solar panels went onto the roof.

Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 8.29.33 AM.png

You guys put the bug in me.Here we are at Madison Junction CG,Yellowstone spring 2010.I get a discount for the use of the picture.I just show my NP senior pass and get half off.Ha Ha what a deal.
Frank

ps Oh I thought it was cool that I figured out how to transfer the page from the YNP site to my desk top.Who said old guys can't figure out this internet stuff.

Attachments

• LANSAWEB.html
    375 KB · Views: 334
You guys put the bug in me.Here we are at Madison Junction CG,Yellowstone spring 2010.I get a discount for the use of the picture.I just show my NP senior pass and get half off.Ha Ha what a deal.
Frank

ps Oh I thought it was cool that I figured out how to transfer the page from the YNP site to my desk top.Who said old guys can't figure out this internet stuff.

May be I am not as savvy as I thought.Don't know if this shows up.10 points off for the goof.
Frank

Frank, your link didn't work for me either. Fortunately I know what it went to and did a screen grab. Still the best claim to fame in my book.

gallery_176_163_39811.jpg

Thanks Ted.One of these days I will have to figure out how you guys put some of the things up that you do.
I had first thought that only the Madison CG had the photo,but they use the same one for all the CGs you can make reservations for.
Frank

It's ironic that you guys all have pools....and we..here at the top of the watershed that feeds your water supply...are being asked to curtail our water usage by 25% or more because...um....streamflows are at an all-time historic low and the aquatic life is suffering from the warm water temps.

ain't gonna say more than that....
dry.gif

Camper is off in this picture....taken last September. I had to take it off for the repair work at toyota. They won't even touch the truck with it on... (recall work on front end, timing belt, attempted brake job) Had a "grinding" noise goin on at the time....but Toyota said they couldn't hear it so they did nothing.

This September the camper is again off....this time to replace the rear wheel bearings. Seems the camper on full time took it's toll...and ythe slight griding and squeaking sound at low speeds/cornering to the right I was hearing got much louder over the last 100 miles or so. At first they said "LSD" (no, not that LSD, I wish) and 3K to fix it (which I said Holy *uck!!)..... but I told em I thought it was a bearing....and sure enough....the left rear bearing was TOAST when they got in there for a look. In the end, my wallet was major happy...

Probably the most revealing fact of all in the entire event was that I realized that I only put 5K on my truck last year. After our son passed, camping (or getting out at all) hasn't been on the radar much. Much like everything else...it seems kinda pointless/empty/uninspiring these days. I know I should get out 'cus I live in the middle of it all....but.....

sigh.

thanks for sharing guys.......

be safe, be well

mtn

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 93
No pool at this house and we are about as low on the water chain as you get.From here it's the ocean.
MTN life still goes on, get out there more.
Looks like we have same truck.Since my camper also stays on the truck 100%,but I only use it for camping not a daily driver. Will keep an ear out for trouble.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0180.jpg
    DSCN0180.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 84
I've taken a test drive in a Google car - it was pretty cool.

I haven't found my camper on street view - but I can find it in the backyard, behind the trailer next to the garden - right where I left it!

popup.JPG

Back
Top Bottom