Service Manager Position Available @ FWC in Woodland, CA

Stan@FourWheel

Four Wheel Campers here in Woodland, California is looking for a new Service Manager. We are growing, we are busy, & we need more good help. :)

If you might live in the Yolo County area, or the greater Sacramento area, feel free to drop us a line with some information about yourself (if interested in the position & you feel like you might have some of the qualifications).

I can pass your cover letter or resume on to the upper management responsible for hiring.

We have a basic job posting listed on the web in a few places (see ad pasted below).

If you would like to find our more about our company and what we do, you can read this latest article ...

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/factory-tour/flying-at-100-000-square-feet

Or visit our website at ... http://www.fourwh.com

I've never been a big fan of the corporate job posting with all of the "must have" qualifications.

There are the corporate job postings, and then there is usually the real job posting with actual duties that you will have to handle day in & day out.

The Service Manager here on a daily basis handles items like . . .

* Answering phone call from customers with questions on new & used campers. Sometimes they want to buy parts, sometimes they have camper & truck fit questions, and sometimes they need some technical advice on how to properly operate an appliance.

* Meet & greet customers coming in to our shop for service work on their camper, to buy camper parts, or have a new camper installed on their truck.

* Scheduling new camper installations for customers picking their camper up at the factory (once their new camper is built & finished).

* Scheduling camper deliveries with our local delivery company and our US dealers.

* Managing 2 or 3 service employees, keeping them on track & up to date on current scheduling, and letting them know what needs to be done each week in the service department.

* Working directly with our production manager to see what campers need to be built, when, and where they are going.

* The service manager probably averages 20 - 40 customer phone calls a day most of the year, and maybe 10 - 20 customer e-mails per day.

* Track basic mileage and schedule maintenance for our shop trucks (regular pickup trucks). Tire rotations, oil changes, tune up's, etc. etc.

* Local parts and supply pick ups at places like Home Depot & Costco (only when needed).

Ideally we are looking for a technical, hands on person that is familiar with trucks & campers (or RV's), but this is not mandatory. You won't be out wrenching on trucks & campers each day, but understanding how everything works is essential would be necessary to know or learn. If you are good with working with customers, have a hand on experience with trucks, trailers, RV's, truck campers, or tent trailers, etc. that would be excellent. But all that said, we can teach & train the right person most anything and everything they need to know over time. There is never a dull moment each day here at FWC, so you won't be bored sitting watching the time clock waiting for 5:00pm. :)

Happy Camping

Stan Kennedy

Four Wheel Campers Inc.
109 Pioneer Avenue
Woodland, CA 95776

stan@fourwh.com

___________________________________________________________________________________

Craigslist Ad:

http://yubasutter.craigslist.org/mnu/5123358466.html

Four Wheel Campers, Inc. based in Woodland, CA is seeking a Service Manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills who will drive growth by delivering the highest level of customer service possible and ensure that all campers are serviced with superior quality.

The right candidate for this position will learn the unique Four Wheel philosophy and our campers in great detail. The newly appointed Service Manager will be responsible for supporting owners with camper service issues, coordinating various deliveries, and directly supervising two or more employees in the service department.

Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Assist customers in troubleshooting camper problems/ concerns
Coordinate numerous camper deliveries and in house installations
Maintain and review the performance of all service department staff
Responsible for the subsequent training of all service & housekeeping
Work closely with the Production Manager to schedule campers for production
Address daily challenges as presented
Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
Responsible for maintaining all trucks and trailers and ensuring DOT compliance
Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:
Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills; adept at speaking before a group
Strong work ethic, self-motivated, inherently goal oriented for self, staff, and company
Outdoor recreation oriented and focused, especially overland and wilderness travel
Geographical awareness
Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule based upon task completion.

Requirements:
Experience working in the service department in a related industry
Supervisory experience
Clean driving record
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs

Knowledge of:
Machines and power tools
Human resource principles and practices

Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50lbs
Compensation: Salary
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Profit Sharing

Stan,

I have ALL of your qualifications! And you know how much I love to work on my FWC! So count me in...

But uhhhhh, Stan... I wouldn't have to actually come to work every single day, would I? As in "punching a clock"? And this position wouldn't interfere with my "aggressive camping schedule', would it?

If you can meet my requirements I will "consider" the position. I would be really good at it as long as no one actually tries to tell me what to do or how to do it or especially WHEN to do it! (I've been semi-retired since 1991!) :)

Steve

PS Oh... and one more thing. I wouldn't actually have to leave "paradise" here in Durango, Colorado, would I?

Back
Top Bottom