Short Day Trips from Denver

Zebra Jeep got to go to it's natural habitat for a little while today. Helping a friend from the mountains out with his camper sounded like a good excuse to meet him in Georgetown, then go up Guenella Pass and maybe do a little off-roading. The pass is all covered with contstruction workers and tractors, plus we had to fallow a "pilot car" to be allowed to go up. Kinda makes you feel like a wussy off-roader when the pilot car leading the way in front of you is an ex-police cruiser Ford Crown Vic with probably about a million miles in it. Fun little trip though, got the friend's camper back in ship shape, saw some beautiful scenery, and got to pretend like it was all for "work." Lovin' Life!

View attachment 10493

View attachment 10494

View attachment 10495

fake offroad.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but I have a question. I visited some awesome dinosaur tracks just outside of Denver to the West, and I can't remember what they were called. I would love to go again. It had maybe a 50 yard expanse of exposed tracks on an almost vertical cliff face. Chain link fencing to protect it, but awesome. Any hints?

Those are on the side of the Hogback.....on Alameda just west of C-470... not sure they have a formal name

I saw someone mention Rabbit Valley just over the border in Utah from GJ..... if you stop and hike there you can see entire dinos fossilized in the rock. Huge backbones/etc.

Back
Top Bottom