Should there be some voltage leaving IOTA into battery?

jlrray

Advanced Member
I have the shoreline plugged in, and the 110 outlets work fine; however, the battery is not charging. I put in a new AGM battery and its still the case. It isnt charging. Should the two wires from the IOTA to the battery have some voltage on it? My vehicle battery is putting in about 13.x volts from the truck to the battery.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Is the converter CB tripped?
Not sure where to check the circuit breaker for the IOTA, but the 3 circuit breakers are fine. Not sure if there is an inline breaker.

Spitfire said:
Don't know what year your camper is, but my 2013 requires the silver master power switch to be pulled out to allow battery charging when hooked up to shore power. See page 5 of this user's manual: http://www.fourwh.com/FWC_Owners_Manual_03.20.2014.pdf
Ours is a 2006 Kestrel (like a grandby but different height I suppose). We have a RED switch that we pull out that works. I get power, but man the fridge isnt working well and nothing is charging via 110

This is what the CBs look like in our '13 Grandby. The converter is the second down.

image.jpeg

Are you putting a good multimeter on the battery to check voltage both before and after shore power is applied?

There should be a reverse polarity fuse next to the + and - wires out if the Iota. You might check to be sure it's still good.

Paul

Reverse polarity fuse? There is a 30 amp fuse secured with two screws.. Is that supposed to be a special fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom