Shurflo water pump

Outnabout

The pump on my 2015 Grandby went out. The part number is 4009-101-A32. No luck finding this part number. I have found many 4008-101-E65 pumps. Are these interchangeable? I have an email in to FWC but thought I would tap into the knowledge in this forum as well. Thanks.

Outnabout
Call manufacturer and ask the for the replacement model number based on the current one you have. Make sure it’s a drop in replacement. You can also ask for a cut sheet and that will give the dimensions, power supply gum ect.

Russ

Shurflo says the model 4008-101-e65 is replacement for the original FWC pump. FWC says the model number 4009 is for manufacturers and a 3.0 gpm will work. They also have the original if anyone needs one, $80.

Outnabout said:
Shurflo says the model 4008-101-e65 is replacement for the original FWC pump. FWC says the model number 4009 is for manufacturers and a 3.0 gpm will work. They also have the original if anyone needs one, $80.
Thanks for the follow-up.

Let me attach some info for anyone interested....

Tech data sheet for 4009-101-A32/B32

Tech data sheet for 4008-101-A65/E65

Note that they show part numbers for rebuild kits. Also- there are several YouTube videos out there on rebuilding Shurflo pumps, including this one on a 4008-101-E65: RV Repair:Shurflo Revolution Water Pump Troubleshooting Disassembly Repair Tuneup & Adjustment

Yesterday I put water in the camper and a little bleach to clean out the systerm. Alas, our Shurflo 4009-101-A32 pump made the usual sound but pumped nothing. I have to admit I neglected to blow out the system before we had temperatures in the low-mid 20s.

I removed the pump and took it all apart and all looked ok. Admittedly it's hard to tell. After consulting Four Wheel Camper, they sent a video which mentioned the check valve sometimes gets jammed. Sure enough, ours was jammed pretty badly, perhaps due to ice. Now it's working fine, pumping water out of a bucket at a great rate. So I'm mentioning this in case someone else has an issue.

Note that the 4009 model is 20 psi. I couldn't find a pump at such a low pressure in some searching, but FWC has one they would sell to me. Other pumps were in the 50 psi range, which may instigate more leaks in obscure places hidden in the camper -- who knows. We always use a pressure reducer if using shore water.

There's a black plastic manifold in the same compartment, where shore water, pump water, and sink are all connected. Alas, this part leaks from one of the end caps. Replacing the O-ring didn't fix it. Maybe there's a small crack due to ice? Anyway a new part is winging its way from FWC for about $30. It's one of those parts where I didn't even know what it's called... and glad to have them send the right one with all the right diameters.

I’ve ordered some rv plumbing parts on line from a place in Southwest Washington called Panther RV Products. They had the gray fittings and the manifolds you are talking about, pumps, expansion tanks, etc. I had a good experience ordering from them.

Back
Top Bottom