Solar Panel Kit For $449.99

Star152

Costco has The Sunsei 65 watt with meter and controller for $449.99 that is a good price and if something goes wrong you have costco return policy........

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10321339&lang=en-CA

Wow, that looks nice. I just had my electrician whom I work with look at it and he likes it too. Maybe I can get one for my camper soon.

What kind of service do you get out of 65w?

it looks like it will work fine with an Engel freezer another install by a fellow member.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2063/page__hl__solar

Recently picked up a used 80W panel off craigslist and purchased a sunforce 7amp controller. The panel is 1.5 years old and was used as a display in a former solar store, so it saw very little sun. The only things we need to power in our camper are an Engel 40 and LED lights, and occasionally the radio. The 80W panel may be a bit overkill given our power needs, but I wanted to be able to leave the panel in the sun for a limited time and not worry about needing a full days sun to charge the battery (the panel will be stored under the cabover portion of the camper). Just ordered a multimeter with DC amp readings, so I'll let you know what I get. I have noticed that charging drops off very quickly with only a small amount of shading on the panel.

Recently picked up a used 80W panel off craigslist and purchased a sunforce 7amp controller. The panel is 1.5 years old and was used as a display in a former solar store, so it saw very little sun. The only things we need to power in our camper are an Engel 40 and LED lights, and occasionally the radio. The 80W panel may be a bit overkill given our power needs, but I wanted to be able to leave the panel in the sun for a limited time and not worry about needing a full days sun to charge the battery (the panel will be stored under the cabover portion of the camper). Just ordered a multimeter with DC amp readings, so I'll let you know what I get. I have noticed that charging drops off very quickly with only a small amount of shading on the panel.

Hi Eldough,

you mentioned LED's, I'd like to swap out my existing lights for LED's but I keep finding either AC wired LED's or battery operated ones, no DC. Are yours DC and if so where did you get them?

Back
Top Bottom