SOLD 2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5

Truck is sold!

Truck only in Santa Fe NM. Setup for a FourWheel Popup Camper by Juniper Overland (Denver).
$15,500.00
2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab SR5

Exterior color: Champagne
Interior color: Beige?
Rear-wheel Drive
5-Speed Automatic Transmission
Engine: 4.7L V8 32V MPFI DOHC (282 hp)
Mileage: ~172,000 mi.

Croxroan said:
Hi, is this a full size ? Some of older tundras were small like a tacoma
2005 Tundra is the right size* in my humble opinion. In 2007 they made them too big.

* Good friend said the 2005 Tundra is 7/8 of a truck. '-)

"7/8ths truck size" But it has a full size bed, same width has my old 93 Chevy, 3" shorter bed length.

Truck is sold to a local contractor. Thanks all.

FWIW, my Hawk camper fit (just) into the 05 Tundra. Had to change out the rear trim round-head bolts for flat heads to ease it into the bed without scraping the rear edges of the bed (the LineX was partly to blame). I updated the rear suspension to carry the additional load, and the motor was great but had to keep the trans out of overdrive on up slopes and be willing to spin it at ~3,100 rpm for sustained moments. Fuel economy rested at ~12 mpg on a 3,800 mile September road trip to central Canada and back through Yellowstone and the Tetons.

Swapped it out for an older Ford F250 (6.2 gas) as I have started a remote construction project and need to tow a trailer plus carry the camper. Doing it again with a first generation Tundra, I'd probably stay with a FWC Fleet.

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom