**SOLD** Brand new 2016 Four Wheel Hawk Camper

BaseCamp

Been a member for a few years learning from you all on the how-to and how-not mods. Have not posted this on Craigslist yet. Wanted to see if my asking price is out of line and to give the members a first shot.

Brand new 2016 Four Wheel Hawk Camper. It's NEVER been used or slept in.

Purchased this new Four Wheel Hawk Camper shell in late Oct of 2016. Garaged it for 3 years while building my new house. The camper top suffered dents from falling acorns and a puncture (repaired) from sitting outside for a month while I was making room to build a canopy for it.

2016 Hawk shell model
Mechanical camper jacks (4)
Powered roof vents (2)
Auxillary battery wiring
Gas strut roof lift assist (exterior)

2021 Factory MSRP = $14,640
Destination Charge = $600
CA Sales Tax = $1,427

Finally was able to build out the camper during the summer of 2019. The Hawk is going on my 2016 Tundra with a gross payload of 1596 pounds. I had an absolute requirement that I was not going over my legal payload limit regardless of whether the truck was capable of handling it or not. After build out, the camper weight 950 pounds without house battery and a full tank of gas.

Interior weight-saving remodel:

• Lower panel with aluminum-resin panels where feasible

• All cabinets and counters used aluminum-resin panels

• Sliding wire baskets instead of wood composite drawers

High quality electrical components only:

• Blue Seas 8043 AC 30A main dist panel with three 15A breakers and AC voltmeter

• Marinco 303SSELB 30 Amp twist-lock inlet

• Progressive EMS-LCHW30 with onboard meter display hardwires surge & electrical protector

• AiLi Battery Monitor Voltmeter, Ammeter, Voltage Current meter

• Four 15A duplex 110 volt outlets

• Four 12V USB ports

• Two 12V plug-in outlet

• Rear view camera

The plan was to start my camping adventures during summer 2020, than Covid-19 hit. Delayed, but was sure I was going to do it summer of 2021. But so much for man's best lay plans. I found a property last month that will fit perfectly for my retirement. Decided it would be ashamed to have the Hawk sitting idle for another 3 or 4 years. So it's going up for sale.

Worth $19,000 or way out of line ???

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZNHHuwx2Ye6-Y5KZXueV9CfYzrVcwman?usp=sharing

I think the price is low.. but.. a lot depends if you want a quick sale or not.. this market is really hard to determine pricing. You can always start high and see what happens..

Wow, just called a local dealer and they said any Four Wheel campers are 15+ month lead time. Just listed it on CL with the additional time premium. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

BaseCamp said:
Wow, just called a local dealer and they said any Four Wheel campers are 15+ month lead time. Just listed it on CL with the additional time premium. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.
Will you provide a link to your Craigslist listing?

Just an update, Had a very successful sale within the first week. Sold it to a very nice lady who will be wandering up and down the west coast. Thank-you for all your help. I'll be back in a few years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom