SOLD Four Seasons Magnum For Sale (Fits Rangers/Tacoma, Frontiers)

michgoblue

Looking to sell my older, but very much updated 1988 Four Seasons Magnum pop-up truck camper.

After lurking around here and Expedition Portal I begin looking for a camper for my 2003 Ford Ranger 4x4 Supercab. The used FWCs that would fit were all either well outside my price range, or snapped up super fast. Consequently when this Magnum came up for sale I jumped on it and made the 3+ hour drive to Portland to pick it up. I am just glad the seller honored my trip down and didn't sell it while I was still en route as he had several other offers come in during the drive!

A couple Four Seasons Magnum have been sold here, but for the most part you don't hear much about them. Like a lot of the non-FWC/ATC campers they have a wood main portion. Unlike the Palaminos though, the Magnums are pretty stout, apparently treated plywood. The roof is framed and skinned with aluminum on both sides, making it light yet sturdy enough to climb around on.

The Magnum comes with a small full sized E-W bed and a side settee that converts to a 70" by 30" sleeping space as well. It has a sturdy removable table, an egress window, a plain vent, and insulated waterproof upper canvas. Mine also came with an icebox, 11 gallon water tank, electric water pump, forced air digital thermostat controlled furnace, and a 3 burner stove. The previous owner had installed a pair of deep cycle 6V Costco Golf batters as well (less than 2 years old now).

Over the Fall and Winter I decided to do some updates. These include:

1. Install USB and Car Plug Ports plus a Digital Voltmeter for the batteries. Cllena Triple Function Dual USB Charger + Red LED Voltmeter + 12V Outlet Socket Panel Jack Marine For Digital Devices Mobile Phone Tablet
2. Replaced and re-ran the water tank fill line.
3. Replaced the old electric water pump.
4. Installed a Two-Way Truckfridge 65L compressor fridge (relabled Indel :cool: that is super efficient).
5. Replaced all bulbs inside and out with LED ones, replaced the two main middle light fixtures with new twin bulb/twin switch fixtures which easily light the whole camper.

Kohree 12V Led RV Ceiling Dome Light RV Interior Lighting for Trailer Camper with Switch, White(Pack of 2)

6. Replaced the original converter with a power converter with four stage battery charger PowerMax PM4 35A 110V AC to 12V DC 35 Amp Power Converter with Built-In 4 Stage Smart Battery Charger
7. Cleaned and sealed all the canvas with 303 303 (30604) Fabric Guard Trigger Sprayer, 32 Fl. oz.
8. Installed a smart isolator for charging from the truck with out draining truck battery.

Smart Dual Battery 140A Isolator - Auto/Boat/RV

9. Replaced the vent with a Fantastic Fan. Fan-Tastic Vent 2250 Off White Vent with Reverse Thermostat
10. Purchased an extra hand crank as well as two drill bit adapters for the cranks 2

2 of Acme Electric Jack RV Quick Drill Bit Atwood Camper Screw Jack Adapter Drill Bit

11. Purchase new good quality upholstered cushions and new high quality mattress.
12. Installed 3 x 120 watt flexible solar panels on the roof with Eternabond, along with a 30A Solar Controller with Remote head.
13. Purchased portipotti and made both forward and aft locations for storing/using it.
14. The door has a canvas flap for the top, which I don't really care for, so I made a lexan window that attaches to the door and hinges down for closing the camper or letting in more fresh air.
15. I replaced several faulty rivets on the included scissor steps.
16. I built two extensions for the bed that makes a 75"x72" N-S Queen using the cushions from the side settee. It is very sturdy and very comfortable.

I really like the side seating and table arrangement in this camper - its a layout the newer campers have but few of the older used FWCs see to have. My plan was to upgrade and use this camper for a couple of years to see if we enjoyed it enough to want to buy a newer one. Then today I had the chance to buy a newer one at a good price so I decided to do it.

This magnum is roughly 39" between the wheel wells, and 96" along the truck bed (pretty sure). It goes exactly the end of my open tailgate, much like the old FWC Ranger and Ranger II. On my truck it easily fits within the garage with a lot of room to spare. Below are a couple pictures I have in my files now, when I get the chance I will take more pictures of the camper and post them up. When I do that I will also go ahead and post on the local Seattle area Craigslist - just wanted to give folks here a chance first if they were interested.

In addition to the stuff above, we have also added some rugs, a dish drying rack, a new drain hose, and some other things. The canvas, roof, and fiberglass all are in pretty good shape, and there are no weird odors or disintegrating walls or floor parts. It also comes with a great set of four mechanical jacks that bolt on and come off pretty easily. Everything seems to work as designed, so it is a very much turnkey functional camper for boondocking or whatever. We've taken it out the past couple weekends and it has done well. But it isn't the prettiest of them all. The screens could use some repair, the cabinets are dated, the door set-up is a little unusual, but very comfortable to use as it is a full height door with a large window now.

I am asking $4750 for the camper and related accessories. Altogether between the purchase price and the updates I figure I am into the camper for $5000 plus a couple hundred hours of work, so this is pretty firm for now. When I tell people how old the camper is they are very surprised - its solid built and was taken care of for the most part. I have upgraded nearly everything most folks would want (was thinking of adding a catalytic heater next).

If you are interested, please message me here or send email to michgoblue AT gmail

IMG_0484.JPGView attachment 27545View attachment 27546

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0695S.jpg
    IMG_0695S.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 356

Back