-SOLD- Four Wheel Campers Kestrel Shell on 2001 Tundra 4x4 TRD

Nomad

SOLD

Growing family means it’s time to pass on this versatile rig. Will sell camper only or camper and truck together. Open to trade for 1st gen Tacoma four door 4x4 or Westfalia Vanagon. I bought the truck and camper from the original owners in Boulder, CO in 2010. Since then it has lived in CO and CA and traveled extensively around the West with zero issues. Camper has never been off of the truck. It’s ready to go to its new home and hit the road with nothing needed. Asking $15k obo for the pair or $9k for the camper. This is an increasingly rare dependable and ready to go overland setup. Located in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Link to Craigslist ad for images: https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/south-lake-tahoe-four-wheel-campers/7361906638.html

Camper: 2009 Four Wheel Campers kestrel Shell - $9000

• Designed specifically for first generation Tundras but I believe it can fit other trucks (buyer to research)
  • Lightweight Shell model - no sink, stove etc… just open, efficient storage. Weighs just 540 lbs
  • No leaks or damage. Completely water tight. Never had any issues
  • Completely unmodified except for a storage box I built at the back (pictured) This can easily be removed if desired
  • Soft walls are in good shape with no holes
  • Includes Reco Titan Mechanical jacks to remove camper from truck
  • Includes Thule rack system
  • Weather sealed gasket between camper and rear truck window
  • Roof paint has mostly worn off and there are various dents and dings on the camper consistent with its age and use. Always been well cared for and cleaned after use. Again, no leeks or issues. Just cosmetic.
  • All but one interior lights work (likely just needs a new bulb) I never use them. Camper is plugged into truck via factory wiring harness. A couple of the exterior running lights have burnt out but most work.
  • Securely attached to truck with a turnbuckle at each corner attached to mounting points drilled into truck bed. Professionally installed by Four Wheel Campers in Woodland, CA and never removed from truck since then.

Truck : 2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 TRD - $7000

• 185,186 miles currently
  • Very clean well maintained truck
  • Two owner vehicle with clean title and all service records available since new
  • Timing belt and and water pump done a 174,000 miles
  • Oil always changed on time
  • Maxxis Bravo AT tires - load range E with good life left
  • Hellwig helper springs added in rear at time of camper install
  • OEM Bilstein shocks all around - last replaced several years ago
  • Original tailgate included with sale. Removed for camper use.
  • Paint overall is very good with some dings and scratches throughout as expected on an adventure truck of this age.
  • Squeak going from left rear. Had it checked out locally but nothing worrisome was found. No other mechanical issues that I know of currently. The truck has been very reliable and I routinely drive it to remote locations with zero worries.
  • Can provide VIN for interested parties to run Carfax.

I’m sure I’ve missed something so don’t hesitate with questions. Happy to provide additional images upon request. My wife and I have loved this rig and are sad to see it go but it’s ready for more adventures with a new owner!

Thanks
Ian

Updating four future knowledge / commentary on current market. Truck and camper sold together for full asking price 8 hrs after placing ad.

On to new adventures. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom