Someone stole my trailer

JoeKan

Here's a picture of my first trip out with my 67 NCO this past summer. I took the camper off and rolled it in the garage at the beginning of winter but I have been using my trailer around the house and last Thursday I moved my daughter to college with it. As my wife and I were heading home, the trailer had a blow-out on I-70 just west of Topeka. I didn't have a jack or spare so I unhooked it along the highway and planned on coming back the next day to get. Well, the weather was awful on Friday (4" of rain and freezing tempts. at night) so I didn't get back out there until today. (Trailer was about 1 1/2 hours from my house). I drove all the way out there only to find out that someone wanted this trailer more than I did because there wasn't any sign of it. So I called the Highway Patrol and asked if they hauled it away and they didn't have any reports of it. So...someone got a very nice 3/4 ton truck bed trailer and I'm out $450.
I guess I'll stew for awhile and then start looking for another trailer. I've already forgiven the person(s) who stole it and I hope he/she/it enjoys it.
Thanks for letting me vent :)

Attachments

• 1st Trip in Alaskan.jpg
    1st Trip in Alaskan.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 84
Sorry for your loss. It may or may not be the dollars, but the sense of invasion is what gets to me the most.

When MISF & I built the "Cheap Utility Trailer" one of the features planned from the beginning was a removable coupler. Partly for theft prevention and partly so that different types of couplers could be used depending on the TR. No fancy extending/retracting tongue or anything, just coupler(s) mounted on 2" x .250" wall square tube that slide into a std receiver tube with a second hitch pin hole for more stability and less clanking.

Would I be able to use a flat trailer for my camper instead of getting another truck bed trailer? If I could use a flat trailer, how would I build up the sides on it or would I have to do that?
Thanks,.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom