Spent Two Weeks Breaking in our FWC Fleet

robbie

Sue and I returned home tonight after spending two weeks in the mountains on the Yukon, Northwest Territory(Canada) border. No pavement included, no cell or phone service available, no papers, no radio or tv.
Our Fleet FWC, which we purchased sight unseen in Seattle then had shipped by barge to Alaska worked like a charm. We need to do some modifications to the tie down system. The eye bolts kept coming loose on the very rough roads. One of the propane burners works intermittently so needs some work.
We did not use the furnace even though the temperature at night was down to 11 below zero. We will do a bit of a modification to the overhead bed as well.
Here is the modification list.
1) repair one stove burner.
2) extend the overhead bed.
3) find installation directions for tie down. I have tied down hooks for inside the box tie down.
4) how to turn on the furnace. Where is the access to turn on pilot light.
5) One cabinet slider door sticks.
6) Ice box worked great. Do not need any ice for it up here.

7) Planning is underway for our next trip. First week of November to the
Arctic Circle in Yukon. Approx 700 miles north of our home. Temps can
reach 70 below zero with wind chill.

Will try to post some pictures of our trip.

robbie

I was up at the Arctic Circle when it was 70 below. Had the video camera and was taking pictures of debris rolling across the tundra. I got out of the truck wearing only a T shirt. I only ever did that once. I think I lasted out there for about three seconds..
Will try to get some pictures posted today..
robbie

Back
Top Bottom