Spring morels - picture test

HappyCampers

Advanced Member
The topic of mushroom foraging came up on a separate thread and seemed of interest to at least one member. So, trying my luck at sharing a pic for the first time. Hopefully you can see it!

These are early morels from last weekend. Not a true morel, but Verpa bohemia is edible and tasty (IMO). Although, like all mushrooms, it can cause sickness to some - particularly if not cooked properly or overindulged upon.

After a salt water soak and drying overnight,we prepared them in a creamy sauce made with venison bone broth base. Spooned over nettle pasta noodles and topped with parmesan, it was a delicious dinner. My apologies, Wifey usually takes food plate pics, but forgot to this time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-121121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-121121_Gallery.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 48
My nephew trolled me with a batch of morels that he picked across the River from the old family ranch. cardboard fried in flower and butter would taste good, but morels in flour and butter are so delicious it’s enough to make a person come untied.
gallery_4841_711_321522.jpeg

That's a nice haul of true morels Sagebrush. We are looking forward to a couple trips east of the Cascades in May to hopefully resupply. Lots of big fires from last year to choose from. Appreciate the map link and look forward to reading through the existing thread on this topic.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
My nephew trolled me with a batch of morels that he picked across the River from the old family ranch. cardboard fried in flower and butter would taste good, but morels in flour and butter are so delicious it’s enough to make a person come untied.
gallery_4841_711_321522.jpeg
Those are some nice blondies!

I'd ask the location of these delicious treats but I do recall when my roommate said she would have to shoot me.

Back
Top Bottom