stand-up tent for fwc truck Hawk set up

ramhawk2017

Hi folks , looking for a modestly priced tent for UV, rain and wind protection for addtional space outside my camp for daytime hang out space . Need size on order of 8x8, 8x10 . looking for eaze of setup . boxy rectangular shape . does not need to attach directly to camper . At present I have no awning on my Hawk FWC. Thanks

The company is no longer in business (there's a load of competition among tent manufacturers) so it might be tough to find one now, but you might try googling it. If you can get your hands on a Ticla Teahouse 4 then I think you'd have just about exactly what you're looking for. By far my best tent ever in 60+ years, ~ 8.5' square, very airy, reasonably rain- and wind-worthy, I think I paid ~ $250 or so in 2015. Good luck in ultimately finding something that'll work for you.
Rico

REI Alcove has been my choice for many years. It is far less bulky than an Ez-up. You can also check out my poor mans awning which is super easy to set up, lighter than the Alcove, and cheaper too.

Clam has 6'x6' and 10'x10' screen with side panels. It takes about 3-4 minutes to set-up and take down. It is the brown one. There is a post that appeared a year ago. www.clamoutdoors.com

It is the Quick-Set Traveler or Escape. They have a video to show how quick and easy it is to set-up.

thanks for all the great suggestions: I finally settled on a Gazelle 4 man Hub tent , it seemed to hit the most design sweet spots for a modest price ($240) on Amazon ramhawk2017

Here is my setup that I have been using for some years now - normally when I am in one spot for awhile. Notice the pulley system that raises my solar shower bag and then I lock it down. Note the bag on the hood warming up from the sun. It folds down to a flat 2-foot circle about 1"-2" thick and pops up out of the carry bag.

Attachments

• (115).jpg
    (115).jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 121
Back
Top Bottom