Storage box's / Misc. parts manufacturers?

Bombsight

Does anyone know who manufacturers the outside storage box as well as the rear propane box on the latest Hawk models? I tried e-mailing FWC themselves ... but after about 4 weeks, I'm still left wondering and searching.

Sure would be nice to know the manufacturers of all parts ( i.e. LED lights, storage boxes, etc.).

You know .... all of those parts not listed when you first purchased the camper but the sun will destroy after a period of time? Having to compensate for replacements of a different make 10 years down the road is a p.i.t.a.. :mad:
I'd prefer to spend a little $$$ right now rather than struggle with having to totally refab the area because of a different sized whatever.

Thanks for any help.

A "sticky thread" for this info. would be awesome since we cant all drive one state away and have FWC's do the work themselves..

I think you're referring to Aluminess boxes. There are a couple of other fabricators whose name escapes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

No sir. I'm talking about the box where propane tanks are stored as well as the small box with nothing in it on the drivers side.

Attachments

• 1 fwc.jpg
    1 fwc.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 105
No email response from FWC? Call them, I believe it is toll free.

That 'empty box' you show above is a welcomed storage area for our external shower hose/head, potable water tank fill hose w/pressure regulator, grey water drain hose w/collapsible bucket...and a few misc do-da's.

As for UV damaging the external doors on any of the compartments on the outside of our Hawk....well, I will be dead and gone long before the UV damages them...now, I could bust one off.. :D Relax, enjoy and worry later!

Phil

Wallowa said:
No email response from FWC? Call them, I believe it is toll free.

That 'empty box' you show above is a welcomed storage area for our external shower hose/head, potable water tank fill hose w/pressure regulator, grey water drain hose w/collapsible bucket...and a few misc do-da's.

As for UV damaging the external doors on any of the compartments on the outside of our Hawk....well, I will be dead and gone long before the UV damages them...now, I could bust one off.. :D Relax, enjoy and worry later!

Phil
Those items are in my side box as well.
As far as worry, having a spare of everything stops that like nothing else. Like the old saying goes; "If you have one you have none, if you have two, you have one". They say never underestimate mother nature. I suggest everyone consider the sun as part of mother nature. It is relentless on plastic!

I'll relax as soon as I find the next camping spot and sit down in my zero gravity chair. :p

Have you asked your 4WC dealer if they can order the pieces you want? Probably twice what you would pay if you could find online, but the dealer would be responsible for finding the right parts and assuring they fit.

Scott

Bombsight said:
As far as worry, having a spare of everything stops that like nothing else. Like the old saying goes; "If you have one you have none, if you have two, you have one". They say never underestimate mother nature. I suggest everyone consider the sun as part of mother nature. It is relentless on plastic!

:p
Thats why you carry a roll of duct tape......... :p

Why do you have your camper sitting back away from the front?

poncho62 said:
Why do you have your camper sitting back away from the front?
It's designed like that.
FWC puts rubber bumpers on the lower front edge to keep a space between cab and camper. Bed twisting during extreme articulation on rough trails could damage both camper and cab. Does yours not? :unsure:

i just ordered a propane box from my Hawk shell from FWC. They seem VERY helpful if you call and ask for what you need.

Vic Harder said:
i just ordered a propane box from my Hawk shell from FWC. They seem VERY helpful if you call and ask for what you need.
Thank you, Vic. I will do just that if I can't find it online. Still searching for other parts on the cheap end of things ...

Back
Top Bottom