Storm Flap Struts

Missing Link

I know there is a thread on this, but am having no luck finding it. Ted, for one, made struts from PVC pipe to hold the storm flaps out away from the camper so that you can have the windows open when it is raining in camp. We are leaving Friday on an AK trip and I want to try and make some of these struts. Could probably figure it out myself, but would rather see what has worked well for others. Thanks in advance - Richard

Missing Link said:
I know there is a thread on this, but am having no luck finding it. Ted, for one, made struts from PVC pipe to hold the storm flaps out away from the camper so that you can have the windows open when it is raining in camp. We are leaving Friday on an AK trip and I want to try and make some of these struts. Could probably figure it out myself, but would rather see what has worked well for others. Thanks in advance - Richard
Richard, If you want PM me and I'll give you my phone #. I can give you info on the ones I made.
Also if you look through my blog Bobcat Travels you will see some shots of the storm flaps I use.
Frank

Missing link,

Mine were simply made from some oak trim pieces and velcro from any Home depot or Lowes type store. Cut the trim to 12" pieces and put velcro on each end - hook on one side and loop on the other. Pretty simple. Now as to the part about you heading to Alaska.... so envious. :cautious: Have a great trip!

Thanks to all who responded. You provided three different approaches, each with it's own merits. Now it's time for me to pick the one best suited to our needs, head to Lowes/Home Depot for materials, and make some struts in time for our trip. What a great resource this site is. Thanks again - Richard

Back
Top Bottom