Strange reply format

Phird05

Hey DD, Are you out there? <br /><br />When I reply to a post why do I get all of the pathway characters in the quote area. Mine seem to be the only ones showing up in that format? In addition, when posting I get no emoticons to the right of my response box. ...Never had these issues before this week. <br /><br />Any thoughts?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Paul

<br />Hey DD, Are you out there? &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;When I reply to a post why do I get all of the pathway characters in the quote area. Mine seem to be the only ones showing up in that format? In addition, when posting I get no emoticons to the right of my response box. ...Never had these issues before this week. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Any thoughts?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Thanks,&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Paul<br />
<br /><br /><br />

See what I mean?

I think that people who have reported this in the past were using IE6. Is that the browser you are using? If that is the case, the only solution is to upgrade the browser or use something else like Firefox.

<br />I think that people who have reported this in the past were using IE6. Is that the browser you are using? If that is the case, the only solution is to upgrade the browser or use something else like Firefox.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm using 8....what now?

I didnt' care for firefox when it first came out but the latest version is very nice. Its a quick download too. Will import all your bookmarks for you. I recommend it.

here is paragraph one

Welcome to the all new Wander the West! WtW is a website for those that love to explore the expanses of mountains, deserts and forests of the western United States. The West is a vast place, filled with more amazing places to explore than most could see in a lifetime. At WtW we hope to bring the West alive online to allow some virtual exploration when we aren't able to be out wandering ourselves.

here is paragraph one

Welcome to the all new Wander the West! WtW is a website for those that love to explore the expanses of mountains, deserts and forests of the western United States. The West is a vast place, filled with more amazing places to explore than most could see in a lifetime. At WtW we hope to bring the West alive online to allow some virtual exploration when we aren't able to be out wandering ourselves.

Test reply

test another line

Its working for me in IE8. Did you change anything in your personal settings like the kind of text editor you use when making posts?

here is paragraph one

Test again

here is paragraph one

And one more time

<br />Test reply<br /><br />test another line<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Looks like it is going to happen again. I can tell by the quote I am responding to, it shows up with all of these weird characters.

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Looks like it is going to happen again. I can tell by the quote I am responding to, it shows up with all of these weird characters.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The emototicons are absent as well. Could it be my computer is about to blow!

Did this just start recently? Has anything changed on your end since this started?

Very strange. right now it looks like things are normal. The emoticons are normal again as well. WTF!
blink.gif

See!

Very strange. right now it looks like things are normal. The emoticons are normal again as well. WTF!
blink.gif

See!

I suspect your browser cached some bad code but eventually that cache expired and all is good. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom