Swift in 6 Foot Bed Questions

Josh41

Hi All,
It's been a few years, sold our Fleet and Frontier years ago, and now are looking at a used Swift to put in our new Tacoma 4 Door Long Bed.

Question is: Owner has a Tacoma 4Door 3rd Gen 5 foot bed with the FWC bars and I have a Tacoma4 Door 6 foot bed.
Can I use his bed bars.
Any other issues that you can think of that would prevent me from putting the Swift in a 6 foot bed?

FWIW: I want the Swift b/c I carry 2 to 4 mountain bikes, don't like using a hitch extender, this will help keep the weight further forwards.
Truck already has airbags and E Tires.
Thanks
Josh

Josh41 said:
Hi All,
It's been a few years, sold our Fleet and Frontier years ago, and now are looking at a used Swift to put in our new Tacoma 4 Door Long Bed.

Question is: Owner has a Tacoma 4Door 3rd Gen 5 foot bed with the FWC bars and I have a Tacoma4 Door 6 foot bed.
Can I use his bed bars.
Any other issues that you can think of that would prevent me from putting the Swift in a 6 foot bed?

FWIW: I want the Swift b/c I carry 2 to 4 mountain bikes, don't like using a hitch extender, this will help keep the weight further forwards.
Truck already has airbags and E Tires.
Thanks
Josh
Josh why don't you contact Stan at FWC,he should be the one to have the best info.
Frank

The bed bars as you call them mount using the same bolts as the bed are mounted with, so you just need to measure that distance. I would think that they would be the same. If not you could just drill new holes, and reuse the same bars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom