Swift on Tundra Crewmax

SmashRocks

Advanced Member
EDIT: Photo Album in Comments

I have received a few Facebook messages regarding my build so I am posting here in hopes it helps others out.

I had my swift shell model on a 2010 Tacoma and over the few years I’ve had it, it became heavier and heavier; interior build out, bikes, dogs, gear etc.

I recently purchased a 2016 Tundra Crewmax and built a drawer platform on the camper to mount in the bed. So far I’m very happy with it.

Truck Build:
Bilstein 6112s at the 1.9” setting, OEM UCAs
Bilstien 5116, AAL, Ride Rites and Daystars for the rear
285 75r17 KO2 on Icon Rebound wheels, minor front fender run at full turn reverse. Heat gun fix.
Caliraised light bar
Trigger 4 switch
Via air compressor
Homemade welded engine bay mounded these things.
RCI skid plates

Camper interior:
Swift shell with heater, stove, fart fan, pre-wire for solar
Added sink, on demand pump, 7gal jug, drains under the truck.
Built all this into a cabinet/counter to match OEM as best and cheaply as possible.
Iceco dual zone fridge cooler
160 watt renology solar panel, el cheapo amazon MPPT controller (going strong since 2018).
Added exterior LEDs
Exterior sun seeker mounted via angle iron to jack brackets.

Camper Drawer/Platform:
2x8 pressure treated “runners” about 6” tall for the base support. 4 total running front to back.
5’ drawer slides
Drawer made from 3/4” and 1/2” Baltic birch
Black exterior paint for waterproofing on drawer and flex seal for the supports.
Lots of pocket holes, routing, table saw rips, etc; very time consuming but very sturdy.
Added some latches, handle and deadbolt to the drawer system.

Installation required jack bracket extensions 1/4” alu plate, easy work with a chop saw and drill press. (Don’t make them as wide as I did as they flex quite a bit and would likely be pretty dangerous due to the added leverage)

18-24” turnbuckles (4 total) 1/2” from Ace. Zip tie method once tight.
3/8” forged steel eye bolts, fender washers and alu plate washers 4x6” under side of bed.

Not currently connected to truck battery because I have solar and I got lazy, maybe one day soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Doesn't the Crewmax have only a 5.5' bed? Lots of overhang! I suggest adding another leaf spring to handle that rear loading.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom