Tacoma TRD vs TRD sport

idahoron

My wife is wanting a new Tacoma DC. I would like to have a 6 foot bed but that is only on the sport. I also want the Rear Diff locker but that is only on the short bed. This truck is not going to get a camper on it. Does anyone have any experience with the 2015 and 20165's?

I had a short conversation with a salesman at the Toyota stealership as they were trying to steal my low mileage 2011 Tacoma and sell me a 2016.I was told that the elocker was no longer available in the 2016.I think he said that the limited slip different was the only option now.I have not looked into this any further so this may or may not be the case.

If you are talking about the new 3rd gen Tacoma's you can now get double cab long bed in either sport or off-road. Get the off-road. The off-roads still have lockers but also come with "crawl control". The crawl thing wouldn't sell me but the locker and atrac would. I've used both in sticky situations with a fairly stock taco where 4Lo wasn't getting the job done.

I have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD (Baja model) DC short bed, and it is a great truck. I use it for all of my camping and back road trips. Having the short bed is easier to park for me. I can whip my truck around in tight places (roads) where others have a tough time. I do however wish I had the 6ft bed at times. I am ordering a FWC Swift model this month. If I had the six foot bed I would be getting the Fleet model with the front dinette, but there are pros and cons to everything. Even though you will not be placing a camper on it, ask yourself the question, do you need a six foot bed? Will you be using the truck for towing or hauling stuff. If not I would go with the 5ft bed for the compact ability. It helps a lot when parking in the garage and in parking garages as well.

For my use I like the extended cab, don't like to have to walk around an open door to get to the rear. I removed the rear seats and made a platform which works great for me and my gear. I opted for TRD off-road, the E-locker is well worth it and has got me out of a tight spot a time or two. 6' bed was important also since I used it to sleep in. Four Wheel camper will be going on it next month. Ron

nikonron said:
For my use I like the extended cab, don't like to have to walk around an open door to get to the rear. I removed the rear seats and made a platform which works great for me and my gear. I opted for TRD off-road, the E-locker is well worth it and has got me out of a tight spot a time or two. 6' bed was important also since I used it to sleep in. Four Wheel camper will be going on it next month. Ron
Ron,
Which FWC model did you get? Fleet or Eagle and with interior configuration? Rob

I have a Hawk on my Tundra. It is the package Hawk with a few goodies added. The Taco I want to get is for my wife as a second car. We would then give her Camery to our Daughter. Here is a video of my camper.

https://youtu.be/ERw4OFbJ-L4

Back
Top Bottom