Available at Geno's Garage.

Attachments

• ZL39TL2-AA.jpg
    ZL39TL2-AA.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 597
That thought has been thought

Available at Geno's Garage.

I'm having some dejavu... :D

But thanks for the consideration on the project all the same, great to have lots of ideas/input. :thumb:

Dug into things today. I ordered an SRT10 stock pillar for my truck which has a gauge slot my transmission temperature gauge/manifold should be here this week to install.

DSC02827Small.jpg

More progress

Installed the finished slider today, still need to get some foam/cushions set up for it. Considering doing two cushions to allow it to either be a queen or king, when its just us two we'd likely roll it king but if there are ever others around we could leave one of the cushions at home and just have a queen.

Hooked up the batteries and charger just to get them topped off and put some power to the lights in the camper. Probably will leave them here for now while I dwell on my couch mod and decide where I'd like them permanently (even if they stay in the same spot). Hopefully we're going out next weekend so I'll get them secured from movement before then.

Moved the stove over the fridge and got it all plumbed up. I didn't know if the fridge exhaust coming back in would be an issue through the stove so I put a wood divider across the top of the fridge (behind the stove) and filled the cavity on the sides of the fridge and underneath the stove with unbatted (ie no combustibles) fiberglass insulation to block airflow and insulate the fridge if the bottom of the stove throws off any heat. I'll fab up a heat shield for some insurance against the sides of the camper. Fired it up and its functional. Furnace is good to go but the fridge wouldn't fire up, however its the first time I tried it so I'll have to do some investigating. Doesn't appear that the valve on it is opening up the flow of propane. Does this thing ever stick/wear out/plug?

DSC02851Small.jpg

DSC02852Small.jpg

DSC02853Small.jpg

DSC02854Small.jpg

Does this thing ever stick/wear out/plug?

I've got the Dometic 1.9: it seems like it takes 3 minutes of holding the knob pushed in before the thing will light and another minute so it'll stay lit after I release. I may have a defect in mine, but how would I know? Mine works fine thereafter.

Oh yeah, good pics.

Also, I have a king slider, but the slider cushions are unwieldy. I'll be making some narrower (say half the size?) cushions in the near future. I'll keep the king ones, though, and take them when it makes sense. At least, that's today's plan...

Oh yeah, good pics.

Also, I have a king slider, but the slider cushions are unwieldy. I'll be making some narrower (say half the size?) cushions in the near future. I'll keep the king ones, though, and take them when it makes sense. At least, that's today's plan...

You talking two skinny ones or two squarish ones? I wash thinking the skinny route and storing them behind the couch perhaps.

You talking two skinny ones or two squarish ones? I wash thinking the skinny route and storing them behind the couch perhaps.

I have 2 squarish ones. I'm thinking 2 rectangular ones, one of which will be the twin side back cushion...

Figured the fridge out, this is the first time I've dealt with a 3way fridge, didn't realize you needed to hold the propane knob in off the bat.

Chopped down and reinstalled the cabinet over the couch. Installed a threshold piece as well.

I also put in a digital thermostat and slapped some WTW stickers on it (see those specific threads).

Need to get the propane filled and will likely have it out for a quick jaunt this weekend. :D

DSC02869Small.jpg

DSC02870Small.jpg

:thumb: a lot of good info here.
What did you use to replace the water tank drain valve? The valve on mine is stuck pretty tight. I bend the litter lever every time I need to drain the tank. It going to break sooner or later.

:thumb: a lot of good info here.
What did you use to replace the water tank drain valve? The valve on mine is stuck pretty tight. I bend the litter lever every time I need to drain the tank. It going to break sooner or later.

Just the same kind of valve (mine was 3/8" npt by the way) that I picked up at a local rv supply place for a couple bucks.

I've replace mine once already. After awhile the lever becomes really hard to turn. Not sure what did I do wrong?:confused:

Tank Valve

I had the same problem.
I solved it by using a 90 degree brass ell from the tank and a brass ball valve mounted horizontally to the ell. I used a a barbed fitting in the end of the valve and a piece of tubing to extend the line so it is easier to direct the water flow. I cut down the valve handle so it has less chance of being snagged. Works much smoother than the plastic ones. It might be a problem in really cold weather but I don't use the water tank if it is much below freezing.
Dsrtrat

Made some progress

Ripped out the old countertop/appliances to make way for my new flush mount units. The stove section is fully installed the remaining counter top is just sitting there while I'm reworking some of the other cabinet internals. I wrapped the propane tank exterior in reflexive while I had things open and replaced the water lines. I'm planning to move my pump out of the sink section and place it underneath the fuse panel where it'll free drain to the tank. I also replaced my propane line which I had kinked so that looks good again, haha.

Here's a shot of the underside of the stove its got those heat sensing valves so you can't accidentally turn on the propane, you have to hold it in for a second till it senses heat like the fridge is set up. The stove also had a built in push ignition which will be handy as well.

DSC02885Small.jpg

Overview
DSC02886Small.jpg

Stove. Eventually I'll make a small heat shield for the left side burner but for now we'll just stick with using the right side which shouldn't need anything.
DSC02887Small.jpg

I like the upgrades. I too I'm planning to do a the king size mod. I'm also interested in moving the appliances around. If you don't mind me asking, how much did those flush mount appliances set you back?

I like the upgrades. I too I'm planning to do a the king size mod. I'm also interested in moving the appliances around. If you don't mind me asking, how much did those flush mount appliances set you back?

Aerycorp markets them through ebay under that user name (the OEM is SMEV). They run buy it now auctions for $180 for that stove and $77 for that sink but also run auctions (seems to be once a week when I was watching) and those just depend on what people bid things up to. I picked them both up for less than the cost of the stove buy it now.

Back
Top Bottom