The Newest Steed

Marc

Fire Proof
IMG_1098.JPGStarting a new conversion and had to take a time out for some fun. Just below Mt Whitney on the decent down.

So, low topper with a popup?
Going back to the FWC roots, eh? :p

I'm still trying to find time to build my Sprinter. :oops:

Advmoto18 said:
Those are some super sticky tires to hold a vertical wall like that in the image! :)

What's the plan?
Ya, I was surprised that they gripped that well, lol. Plan is to make it similar to my old Westy weekender combi.

camelracer said:
<p>Congratulations Marc - welcome to the world of perpetual Saturdays.</p>
Thanks Dick.

Did my fist trip in the Van to Baja a few months back and had a Great time. Now just back from a 3000 miler through OR, WA, ID, and MT. Ready for the next adventure. Life is GOOD!

Lighthawk said:
Looks slightly lifted?
What did you do?
Good eye Andy :)
2" lift. Running custom valved Fox shocks up front in conjunction with the stock struts with Fox custom tuned adjustable Reservoirs in the rear and a new leaf pack.

I've blown out three front struts on two Sprinters over the last three years and said enough is enough. With this set-up, and running Cooper ST Maxx's in 255/85/16 @ 25 psi I can run washboards in comfort and the on road side the ride difference is night and day over factory set up.

How is your build going??

My Sprinter has become my daily driver with graphics advertising my business. I did just install a U-line shelving unit. I've also insulated and installed windows and a fan.

We've decided to keep the Tundra/Hawk, and wait to build out the 2016 4x4 Sprinter for now. I'm running seven projects right now and don't have the time.

However, I'm interested in outsourcing expensive upgrades that can improve the ride. I'm still using stock factory Coopers for rubber. I know I'll want to upgrade suspension.

Back
Top Bottom